Sarah Palin STILL Doesn't Know What the VP's Job Is

by BizzyBee 30 Replies latest members politics

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

It's funny how you guys try to turn around the things that come straight out of her own mouth She's definately not smarter than a third grader! We need smart people in the White House for a change.

Obama/Biden '08

nj

• snowbird
    snowbird
    But then what do we talk about Sylvia?

Umm ... let me think. The WT? Nah, I've had enough of that.

JWD swan song? Yeah, that's it!

Sylvia

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    The VP is the President of the Senate, and can have influence in policy and bills.

s-f,

You're making the same mistake that Palin is making. The VP has a tie-breaking vote. That's it.

She should know better.

• still-fading
    still-fading

You are right, they have the tie-breaking vote. But they still talk to people, that is how they can have influence, talking to people.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

The veep does not exercise any authority or influence over the senate. They break a tie and thats it. They dont introduce legislation they dont have others introduce it for them. They sit there and 'preside' and there only function is to cast a tie breaking vote.

what she said the function is has no validity.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    But they still talk to people

Still-fading, dear. Just put the shovel down now and back away. Quietly.

• still-fading
    still-fading

Ok, I concede. When the VP presides over a session of the Senate, they do not talk to any one and hold no opinion. They are in effect, inside the cone of silence.

• darth frosty
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex
    she stands there and looks pretty?

Well we know she can do that.

Maybe she is qualified after all.

We need smart people in the White House for a change.

The Republicans are a real think tank! Here are some of their intellectual superstars:

Dan QuayleSarah Palin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit