#4 Talk - Timothy why beneficial

by still_in74 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Belch... they still doing the all scriptures inspired book. Damn how many times i heard 1 or 2 tim why benificial.

bla bla bla faithful discreet slave.... bla bla bla elders bla bla bla youth reach out. bla bla bla this time of the end.

dont worry about working up a talk. They arent listening.

• sf
    sf

Why would anyone hold blood hands with you? You're silly. And dangerous.

What a bizarre thread: help me instill deadly wt policy as innocent children sit in their seats unknowning THE TRUTH of whom is standing there, dishing out POISON, brother, please.

hAHAHA...You seriously have got to be kidding.

Yet, the scary part is...you ARE serious.

Those poor lied to kids.

SHAME ON YOU...mixing and mingling with "apostates" then standing in your hall, dishing out spiritual TOXINS.

alt

sKally

• bud2114
    bud2114

I also have the unfortunate "privilege" of being given this assignment too but on Wednesday night. I was hoping there was some discussion out here about this school part and what do you know! If the GB only knew about this wonderful interchange of ideas between us 'postates!

As a former elder who voluntarily resigned due to hypocrisy and power struggles within the local body, I have successfully faded enough over the past year or so to be relieved of all other assignments (cong. prayer, cong. reading, etc.) but for the wife's sake I still endure these dreadful school assignments. I have been having fun with these parts, though. I find that with a little thought you can subtly sneak in some good stuff that calls into question the JW view of things.

For example, I plan to point out the glaring absence of any direction from the 1st century GB over congregation matters in Paul's two letters to Timothy. The 'All Scripture' book, page 234 par. 5 states, "Paul wrote this first letter to Timothy to set out clearly certain organizational procedures in the congregation." Paul's 1st letter goes on to outline the qualifications of overseers and ministerial servants (1 Tim. 3:1-13). Where did Paul come up with this stuff? Where was the GB direction over Paul? I mean can we imagine a CO or DO unilaterily making policy like this irrespective of the GB today? Certainly not! His head would roll faster than Louis the XVI's. And yet Paul was not considered apostate or discredited by the first century Christian's - hmmmm.

I also can't resist raising the point about Paul's point that there is "... one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all...(1 Tim. 2:5,6). So, if a particular group of men try and set themselves up as a "mediator" between Chist and other humans - saying that no salvation can be had except through them, we can know that their doing so is not scriptural. Hopefully, most in the audience will connect the dots here.

There is a lot more you can do with this material if you think about it and are subtle. If the points made are scriptural what can anyone say to you?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

You need to chill the fuck out skally. Its just life.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

thanx still_in74 for the help....dont worry about bailing. you sound a bit stuffed up in the head. go ahead...take the night off. immerse yourself in personal study while on the couch.

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

And while we are all at it and somebody else is reading this thread...

Does someone have an outline/material already prepared for 1st and 2nd Thessalonians Introduction/Why Beneficial?

It is the instruction talk this week and I have that assignment.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• still_in74
    still_in74

Why would anyone hold blood hands with you? You're silly. And dangerous.

What a bizarre thread: help me instill deadly wt policy as innocent children sit in their seats unknowning THE TRUTH of whom is standing there, dishing out POISON, brother, please.

hAHAHA...You seriously have got to be kidding.

Yet, the scary part is...you ARE serious.

Those poor lied to kids.

SHAME ON YOU...mixing and mingling with "apostates" then standing in your hall, dishing out spiritual TOXINS.

actually if I hadnt have put it off for so long I could have really worked this talk, it was a #4 talk review of 1 & 2 Timothy - I dont think this format has ever been done before.

Timothy is full of useful scriptures to highlite what Paul really meant in his writings ! Not the WTS propaganda..........

• still_in74
    still_in74
    Does someone have an outline/material already prepared for 1st and 2nd Thessalonians Introduction/Why Beneficial?

LOL !

• blondie
    blondie

Why not bring out the account of Scolios in Timothy............oh, that's not in the Bible.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

HA!!! Alligator Wisdom said, "Does someone have an outline/material already prepared for 1st and 2nd Thessalonians Introduction/Why Beneficial? It is the instruction talk this week and I have that assignment."

Dear Lord this actually IS the official Theocratic Ministerial School Cheater Sheet Cliff's notes thread!!!!

*giggle* *GIGGLE!!!!* *sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit