Do we have any elders on here? "secret letter"

by Muney 21 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Society sells the sizzle and never yet has delivered the steak. They use drama, hype, innuendos, rumors, and just plain old showmanship. All these years I've been watching them, it all comes down to two things: 1, They're a printing company, and 2, They're never right.

The Watch Tower Society has managed to create a market for being wrong and they have leaned how to exploit that market to their benefit. "Big secret letter" comes under HYPE.

They plan these tricks months in advance.

Did ya ever wonder why, if the Watchtower magazine is so dad gum full of vitally important information, it's written and produced 6 months in advance and then sits in the can for most of that 6 months. If the information was really important, they could throw it up on their web sire the same day it's written.

The information isn't important (to them), the donations received from the pulp paper magazine is the important thing (to them). This is a publishing / media corporation with a gullible, superstitious market. First they found the market, now they are creating the market.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I dont have enough fingers to count the super secret letters filled with stupid bullshit we got during my short tenure as and elding.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wooooooo a secret! Sounds like a Dionne Warwick advertisement

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Recently my wife (pioneer) told me her friends father (who is an elder) told her about a "secret letter" that wont be read to the congregation and to be kept just to elders was sent out. Apparently it had to do with the changes in the org and the "closeness of the end". Anyone else hear of this letter? He also said that the pioneer hours would be going down as well.

So your pioneer wife's has a friend who has an elder father who knows about a "secret" letter and it had to be kept "just to elders", eh? Yet the elder who is so concerned with "secrecy" that he told his daughter who told your wife who told you and you are posting here as more-or-less a demonized apostate! In otherwords, this very special "secret" is now a "secret" the entire world NOW knows is a secret! Some secret! Not only that, we now all know what it is kinda about! It is earth shattering news that JUST HAD to be a secret! Pioneer hours are going down! WOW! That is truly something worth keeping as a secret!

My inbred hick friend Garybuss who lives in a state that had a population of around 25 people (most of whom have died off by now, except for him) has it all figured out, and I am just going to elaborate on his comments. As an aside, it was Garybuss who first and foremost inspired me to be begin researching and posting about a million years ago. He didn't even do it intentionally. I ran across a piece he wrote and I was hooked. This is a link to the classic Garybuss piece that got me hooked and I still consider to be THE masterpiece of them all when it comes to JW insanity:

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

Ok. So Gary's family tree has no branches. Ok. So he lives in a state that is not listed in most Atlases of the USA. OK. So his idea of broadband is two cans attached with strings; his observation is still worthwhile. I will do my best to add a few things.

Transparency: Jesus said that we were all brothers and only He was the leader. The WTS says that while we are all brothers, some are more important "brothers" than others. The "secret" lletter was first approved by the Governing Body, then pushed down to the Legal/Service Department, Branches/Zones, then to the DOs, then to the COs, then to the local Elders, and will someday be revealed to the worker bees. Even the Pioneers were not privy to this "new" information. There is virtually NO transparancy in the Watchtower Printing Corporation. Even crap like a "change" in pioneer hours must go through channels and be a mystery until it is revealed.

Everyone who is not a dub already knows the hours are going to drop to 50 per month. This simply means that pioneers only have to lie about 25 of them each month now, instead of 35 or 40 before and 50 before that when I was a pioneer a million years ago, Jehovah will punish me TWICE as much for my lying about 50 of my 100 hours as he will punish current pioneers for only lying about 25 of their 50 hours. Since Jehovah must follow the rulings of the WTS, I will be more screwed than current pioneers will be screwed. But mark my word, we will ALL be screwed. The least screwed of all will be the rank and file publishers who only lie about 5 hours a month out of their 10. It pays to be a slacker/liar instead of a wannabe superstar liar, even though the superstars sell more more books than the slackers. There is nothing fair about the Watchtower Corporation. Nothing. Unless you are one of those who run it.

Hope: The WTS runs and feeds on hope. "Secret" missives fan the flames of hope and makes members, including Elders feel special. This true even though most of these ever-so-special secret messages are nothing of any importance and are in fact a big letdown.

Change: "Secret" missives fan the fuel of change the dubs so long to have. (See "Hope" above.) There is generally no change that brings relieve to those beat-up souls, and they are routinely disappointed when they finally hear the "secret" that is supposedly so closely guarded. Even though I left decades ago, I remember that every District Assembly offered my own "hope" that a new book would be released that would change all the bullshit. I was always disappointed. Have things changed since then? No, they haven't.

Special Dispensation: "Secret" missives have a way of making people who received them first feel "special," It is a sort of advanced form of masturbation for Elders in the Congregations.

Anticipation: word about "secret" shit from the WTS spreads like wildfire among the worker bees. They are guaranteed to hang around the organization so they can "glean" something from that "secret" shit.

"Glean" means to pick up the remaining dregs after everyone else has picked up the worthwhile part of the crop. Literally, it means to "take the shit" leftover and be glad you have it.

I don't glean anymore.

Farkel

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

ask thomas poole.....he real smart.

• misguided
    misguided

My JW granny, died today around noon. She was born April, 1910. She's been a witness since the 30's. She so expected to see armaggeddon and be one of those who walks into the new system. Just last week she was telling my son to look out the window of the hospital and see the new system....it's just at the horizon.

Gary Bussellman's words are so bizzarre for me today.......she wholeheartedly believed, she a part of the few left of the generation of 1914... died today. She was so sure that she'd see then end.

Today, when I found out about her, I looked up to the sky, shed a tear, and wondered...is Grandma up there laughing...realizing she's been duped all these years, seeing her parents, husband and son who predeceased her...and then a part of me wonders, is she right, and just asleep awaiting the new system...or what/where/how happens after death???

(((hugs, Grandma...I'll miss you.)))

• garybuss
    garybuss

<-------- Laughing @ Farkel

Good to read your wit and wisdom my friend.

• cognac
    cognac

Isn't Outofthebox an elder? Where is he?

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Busselman is a friggin genius. Read that link!

http://www.freeminds.org/buss/truth.htm

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

You got a paper towell? Wow, you must have had some influence. We were told to blow on our hands to dry them. We didn't have to, with all the hot air in the auditorium they were dry in no time. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit