Do we have any elders on here? "secret letter"

by Muney 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Muney
    Muney

Recently my wife (pioneer) told me her friends father (who is an elder) told her about a "secret letter" that wont be read to the congregation and to be kept just to elders was sent out. Apparently it had to do with the changes in the org and the "closeness of the end". Anyone else hear of this letter? He also said that the pioneer hours would be going down as well.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Pssst: "It's just around the corner. It's as near as the door. Time is almost up. Get aboard the ark -- now!"

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

[/thread]

• yknot
    yknot

Well I am not 'privileged'........but.

It sounds like a typical BOE LTR whose intent is to prepare the 'Brothers' of up in coming structural changes via a spoonful of theocratic horsepucky. They will start hinting at a revealing, make these men feel 'special' and then it will be easier to get them to go along with little defection.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Don't know about that, but I am sorely tempted to send off a letter like this:

Dear Governing Body,

Over the years you have highlighted Heb 10:24, 25 countless times in the "spiritual food" you provide, where it states we should gather together "all the more so" as we see the end drawing near. So with the number of times we gather in the week now reduced by a third, does this mean the apocalypse is delayed? Or does it just mean the lawyers at headquarters were worried about legal implications of continuing to hold meetings in private homes? After the nonsense you sent out to the congregations about the change being prompted by "gas prices", I frankly won't hold my breath for a straight answer.

Yours sincerely,

Somone who was formerly duped by your crap

• Scully
    Scully

You would think that with the End™ being so Near™, that the number of hours required to qualify as a Pioneer™ would go up rather than down. Running circles around Jericho and all that.

I wonder if they go the other way in the southern hemisphere?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I love WBT$ "Secret Letters"!!..They`re always so secret!..No one ever knows about the Secret Letters,except about 1/2the JW Membership!!..And ..It`s always about something Very important!!..Like:.."When you pack a lunch for the Assembly,don`t bring Pickles!!..Pickles are an Ancient Phallic Symbol!!"..It`s always about real important stuff like that........This one sounds Very Important!!..Maybe everyone is going to get an extra paper towel when they wash their hands!!..Can you imagine the excitement of all JW`s,if that happens!!..............I`m just so Frigg`n Excited..I wonder if they will have a Big Announcement,about the Big Announcement?!!............There is nothing more exciting than a WBT$ Secret Letter!!..I think I`m going to sing and skip all over this mountain!!..Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

we have heard rumors only

• Muney
    Muney

Rumours of a secret letter?

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is always a secret letter on the way about every year, they are trying to get on our nerves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit