Question for you all

by wonderwoman77 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

I was wondering if anyone has ever felt like they were in a relationship where the person is an empty bottle with holes in the bottom, and you are constantly trying to fill them up? I was listening to the song Not the Doctor by Alanis and it triggered this in my brain. I would love to know everyones thoughts and experiences on this....

steph

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I am always trying to temporarily fill up holes...

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

For yourself or for others?

• orbison
    orbison

oh lord do i know where you speak from

wendy d

• LB
    LB

First wife wonderwoman, first wife. Short term wife at that. Sometimes it just isn't worth the effort.

• Richie
    Richie

The only relationship I had having to do with bottles and holes were with a lot of witnesses I had befriended over the years. There was literally no one you could really confide in and tell them exactly what was on your mind. The first thing they would have done is to run to an elder and then say to me that it is for my own good.
    So I could never get serious with any of them, but keep a superficial relationship going while keeping my thoughts to myself most of the time. There is a hole in the bucket dear Liza dear Liza.....LOL

:*) Richie

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Hi WW,

Such relationships seem to be my destiny. I have always likened it to constantly filling a pitcher up wih cold water on a hot summers day, only to find that when I need a drink for relief, the pitcher is always empty.

It sucks to be able to give SO MUCH, asK so LITTLE, and get NOTHING.

Boozy

• wonderwoman77
    wonderwoman77

Great summary booze....sorry for your experiences. I hope someday you have a relationship where you get in return. You deserve it...:)

• COMF
    COMF

Look, just break off the relationship, be done with it, and move on down the road. There's no other solution. This is it. Now do it.

COMF

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

WW, TY 4 the encouragement. :-)

COMF, you are right...so, its over between us. BYE...LOLOLOLOL

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit