People Who Call In On Talk Radio Shows

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Here's my favorite caller - an 88 yr old woman from Austin TX -

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2007/ellen-gladys-hardy-p1.php?emf=1

• Gopher
    Gopher

Menemene -- that is really hilarious! "I love Jesus, but I drink a little." LOL

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I don't mind listening to them - I can't stand the ones however who glorify the hosts; the kind that Michael Savage loves. Nutbars. I absolutely will not listen to Hannity, Savage nor most other right wing talk shows because the constant 'yer a great American' that begins every conversation makes me nauseous. I find Rush moderately funny at times and don't care for Randi Rhodes or Al Franken. My favourite talk show host is Thom Hartman. You can listen to him live on the internet. He is diverse, well read and well spoken and can debate or discuss any issue with eloquence. Very intelligent man.

The best place though to hear what is going on in the minds of the US citizen however is CSpan - journal. sammieswife.

• halcyon
    halcyon

I despise talk radio. It raises my heartrate to almost panic mode. And since I *always* have an opinion about *everything* and contribute to nearly every discussion I listen to, it is really hard to refrain from calling in. But here's my experience:

"Hi, I respectfully disagree with you and would like to stand up for the other side of the issue."

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!! GOD, people just don't understand right and wrong anymore! What's wrong with America?? Those people should go live somewhere else!"

Either that, or:

"Hi, I have an opinion about this issue."

"Okay, let's hear it."

"My opinion is that I agree with your side and I'd like to say that nobody has mentioned this angle yet. I think this angle is particularly damning and proves what you're saying."

"Thanks for calling. Now, back to what we were saying before that last caller ... "

(so I feel utterly ignored and stupid)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I called in one time back in the 1996 or 1997 I think. I was still pretty active in the "bile churning" work of going to meetings. They had this call-in segment where folks were complaining about people smoking at work and how the new law of BANNING public smoking better be getting enforced. I called in and supported the smokers. I told them that they needed to be considered too. I know how 2nd hand smoke kills but so does standing outside in the freezing rain. These poor soul-less creatures are now relegated to standing 25 feet from the building hunched over and puffing on their little white sticks in all sorts of weather, from 115 degree heat in summer to sub freezing gales in winter. I told them that if the boss was going to force them out into the elements to smoke, he needed to at least put a cover out there. We don't even let animals stay out in that weather without some shelter. I was jeered by the next two callers, but then everyone else reasoned I was correct. I made a difference....I also lobbied for the folks at my job and we got them a carport cover forthem out by the back door to the plant!

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I think most of them sound crazy! What about the people that listen to talk radio shows?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit