Do you consider yourself a monkey's uncle?

by compound complex 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The similarities between humans and other primate species, especially chimpanzees, are unmistakable. I don't find it at all difficult to believe that we descended from common ancestors.

I see something very close to human here, and I don't think that I'm projecting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I really wans't in the mood to see Bush without a shirt on

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, friends, for the enlightenment on a question asked on a whim, spurred by a familiar simian saying ...

CoCo

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Intelligently evolved!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Do you have to ask?

• compound complex
    compound complex

http://animal.discovery.com

I'll be a Monkey's Uncle

Definition: Expression of disbelief.

Origin
    Pig Players were certainly creative on this one. I particularly enjoyed rnf850’s story about stodgy Winston or Winny as he hated to be called and the story about the demise of Felix DeMont and his love for his only friend Albert the monkey submitted by warpt_princess brought a tear to my eye.

But the truth of the matter is that the origin of this phrase has more to do with scientific inquiry than with a monkey being part of the family. In 1871 Darwin published the Decent of Man outlining his theory of evolution, sparking controversy that continues today. It seems Darwin’s scribblings not only added yet another excuse to snipe and name call, but also contributed to our English lexicon. I’ll be a monkey’s uncle was originally a sarcastic remark made by non-believers of Darwinism.

War of Words Answers When Pigs Fly Main

Answers

White Elephant

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Wet behind the ears

Raining Cats and Dogs

I'll be a monkey's uncle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit