Pro's and Con's of DAing myself.

by lancelink 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

A DA letter isn't worth it. You don't owe them anything. The governing body and judicial committee are all part of a false money grubbing organization and they are the ones who made up the DA letter rule... WW

• gymbob
    gymbob

OTWO~

I like your view....

Everybody has a different way to go because of their own circumstances.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Don't do it.

• DonutsToGo
    DonutsToGo

There is the suggestion put forth here that you are not bound by their rules so why should you feel obligated to disassociate. I agree that you owe them nothing. However, you have to understand that by not disassociating you are still in bondage. How so? Ask yourself, if by remaining "technically" a JW would you find yourself continually looking over your shoulder, guarding your speech, or otherwise being in fear of discovery? Is so you would be a slave and you may find that you are not free to pursue life in a way that you would had you made a complete seperation.

I'm a firm believer in the Truth and if the fact that you speak about how not DA-ing makes you feel "dishonest" leads me to believe you value the truth as well. I personally would find it difficult, if not impossible, to live such a double-life and keep good conscience. I will testify that standing up for the Truth is liberating and worth every loss that it brings.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Lancelink,

By the tone of your post, I would say it does not feel nice to be in such a prison. But really, it is one of your own making.

You can step out of it, whenever you want. The wals that surround you, keep you going over Da-ing or not, are imaginary, not real.

Just leave!

Cheers

Borgia

• blondie
    blondie

How does the WTS look at it; are inactive jws counted as jws in their reports.....................? Nope

Are unbaptized publishers, counted.........................? Yes

So what really is the only way the WTS counts someone as a jw..........if they turn in time. Even if a person attends meetings on a fairly regular basis but doesn't turn in a time slip, they are not part of the count of jws.

So I don't consider myself "technically" a jw or officially, since I don't "count."

In time things may advance where any contact with jw "friends" and "family" will not be beneficial and you will see that. As you find other people who truly love you without condition, that will make it less important.

Love, Blondie

PS I always felt a DA was more effective posted in the local paper (hard to do if it is 20 pages long). That way jws in the area can read it in some safety.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit