My first year in JWD. Thank you!!

by tooktheredpill 13 Replies latest jw friends

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

"Membership Since

10-Oct-07"

--------------------------------------------

Hello Guys!

Today I noticed that I've been in JWD for a whole year. Time goes so fast!

I still remember how I felt the day I suscribed: terrorized! I thought that I was sinning against the Holy Spirit! I was an Elder in good standing at that moment. Here in this forum, I was finding all the answers I was looking for. I was so shocked to find so many people with my same doubts about the BOrg!

What really impressed me was that most people were not "bitter apostates". Many helpful friends started appearing and sending me PM's and comments: Truthsearcher, OpenMind, Blondie, Outofthebox, Mouthy, Mary... you know who you are, and how you helped me. Especially when I was trying to "wake up" my wife.

Reading this forum I've learned sooo many things. I kept researching the archives for months, reading the bible and studying. Also, during this year, I had the opportunity of meeting Ray and Cynthia Franz. I never imagined that I was going to became an "apostate"!!! But a happy one.

Right now my wife and I are completely disconnected. I'ts been a terrible "bumpy" ride, and we have lost some "friends" in the way, but we have found people like you: supporting, understanding and NORMAL!!!

(((((((((((((((((((Thanks a lot to everybody!!!))))))))))))))))))

TTRP

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Congrats,

sounds like you are doing great!!!

purps

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

WOW, is that something to celebrate or what? Congratulations to you and your beloved wife, and happy JWD anniversary!

Love!
    Baba.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Felicidades... es un viaje dificil pero remunerador!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Happy Aposta-versary!

-Aude.

• independent_tre
    independent_tre

I'm so happy for you and your successful exit from the org...hope to be where you are when I make a year.

Take Care

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

congratulations on reaching your first anniversary, yes it is quite opening isn't it. It has always amazed me how many people want an organization to do thier thinking for them. Talk about being lazy in the mind. Well I guess in away we all we that, but thankfully are mind kicked in we started doing research and found out it just ain't so. I have written to the WTBTS four times and never once was answered or received any kind of information from them.

The are the evil slave of matthew 24 if anyone is. Deceving people, a lot of their followers think that when the borg speaks via CO's, DO's or assemblies and watchtowers, that it is actually God speaking. they just don't put 1 and 1 together and come up with 2, it is always 3, 4 or something other than what is right.

Well once again congratulations.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Congrats TTRP.

BTS

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

That's great TTRP! It's important for folks like you to post their stories. You've been an inspiration to many I'm sure (including myself). Unfortunately, while mentally out, I'm still physically in due to my wife. Have you posted how you were able to help her wake up? Thanks

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Red Pill -

I feel the same way! I am a MS...and I was terrified to register here, let alone post. I am thankful that I have this forum to vent my thoughts.

Everyday is still painful in a way...this was "the truth" Sometimes I feel like a little kid who was just told Santa is not real.

Anyway, I echo your 'thank-you' - what is comforting is to know there are so many of us with the same feelings.

I look around the hall every meeting, and wonder how many people are saying a silent "bull$hit"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit