How many here still giving talks at the meetings?

by BonaFide 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Is it possible to distract someone while they are giving a talk? You know, like wink at them constantly and make them mess up? Yeah, catch his eye and mimic a girl drinking urine from another girl. That might work. (Jesus! I thought I'd heard everything.)

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

When I transferred my card to the congo I eventually faded from, the TMS Overseer tried to get me to sign up for the TMS. As a former elder and MTS grad who had given public talks in this congo (though not going to be reappointed for 3 years because I chose to let my prior BOE delete me rather than resign...), The Overseer wanted a so-called "quality speaker" to set the example. I told them NOT to put me on the TMS...and shortly after that I quit attending that meeting to avoid the whole "can you do a last minute sub talk" routine.

a few months after that...I didnt bother showing up anymore.....for anything....

OPERATION SNAKES FADE...nearly complete.... only thing left is to move away from the area..probably this time next year.

Snakes ()

• mind my own
    mind my own

Thank goodness, not me any longer!! Phew!

MMO

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Last talk I gave was circa 1998.

Last hour talk I gave was circa 1974. I can still give an hour talk from the one-page outline, though. Making up shit as-you-go is a talent I learned as a dub. I was trained by the masters at making up shit-as-you go.

Farkel

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I'm with you Farkal on the make it up as you go along!. The last public talk I gave was in 2002 but there was I time when I must have given every public talk from no 1 to no 108 (or whatever). In India, I used to give a public talk somewhere or other nearly every week!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit