How many here still giving talks at the meetings?

by BonaFide 44 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I am one of very few who graduated from the kingdum ministry school.

Have you dazzled any prospective employers with that accomplishment?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I can't believe that people post here and still give those talks.

Do you show up wasted?

• stillajwexelder
  • Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy
    I enjoyed those talks the most. So realistic. It always turned out exactly that way when applied in real life.

I was aux pioneering one summer and was asked to play the householder when another aux pioneer was presenting a new brochure or whatever. Instead of accepting the item, I fought him. Made him really pull out the stops. Everyone thought I was effed up for doing it. But as I stepped down I told the group that we are not always going to be well received and in fact should practice for rejection. Wow that was like 20 years ago! I was an ass then too I guess.......

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I gave a couple of talks/items this year while mentally out of the WTS. I had 'Introduction to Acts' where I started off the talk by having the audience read 1 John 4:1 and stressed the importance of testing every inspired expression that we receive. I also spent quite a bit of time in the talk emphasising the fact that the 1st congregation was guided by the holy spirit only.

My final SM item was about magazine distribution...that was delivered at my 2nd last meeting (my last meeting was the BSG). I then resigned as an elder and haven't been back since.

• freethinker2009
    freethinker2009

Gave one yesterday, just a reading.

FT

• penny2
    penny2

I gave my last talk about 11 years ago. Said I needed a break. It was as easy as that!

• wobble
    wobble

I ain't never goin' back either, but years ago I was asked by a bro .to be his Householder on a Serv. Mtng. item about overcoming objections.

He was a big-headed arrogant guy and said to me just before we went on the platform "Oh just say your'e not interested or something,I'll overcome whatever you say"

So, after his intro, I said "No thanks I'm an Atheist,thank God!"

The audience fell about laughing and he just got off the platform....speechless !

What a result, I wasn't a householder very often after that.

Love

Wobble

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The last time I had an assignment, I blew off the whole boasting session. And that was the end of that deal.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I have one in November. It's a #4 about mercy overcoming judgement. Should be able to sneak a few good apostate tidbits into there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit