Nov 15 WT - stumbled over a teaching? There's no where else to go!!!

by truthseeker 46 Replies latest jw friends

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Mosie says"

They would love to get the inactive ones back into the KH and out in service just one time before the end of the year so they can add them to their publisher count for the year. They have to be looking at further declines in publishers in the USA.

I don't think so. Remember there service year starts in Sept.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Whats that illustration the Watchtower uses about not drinking a glass of water if it is 99% pure but 1% poison, when it comes to other religions. Same with the JW's.

Religion is a snare and a racket - C T Russell

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

These 2 articles make my blood boil!!

Here's another wonderful paragraph:

"Help Those Who Stray from the Flock"
    PARAGRAH 2:

"Sadly, some who seemed to appreciate Jesus' sacrifice and made a dedication to God no longer associate with the Christian congregation. Discouragement, health problems, or other factors may have weakened their zeal and caused them to become inactive."

"However, only as part of God's flock can they enjoy the serenity and happiness that David spoke of in the 23rd Psalm. For instance, he sang: "Jehovah is my Shepherd. I shall lack nothing." (Ps. 23:1)
    Those in the flock of God lack nothing in a spiritual way, but that is not the happy lot of sheep who have strayed. "

So translated:

- Those who've left the Organization no longer "appreciate Jesus' sacrifice"

- only those in the org or " in the "truth"" have serenity, happiness AND they lack nothing spiritually!!!

UHHHHHHhh

• blondie
    blondie
    Religion is a snare and a racket - C T Russell

Actually, Joseph Rutherford said that.

*** w51 11/1 p. 658 par. 9 The Triumph of Clean, Undefiled Worship ***The reproach now falling on the religion of both Christendom and heathendom is therefore not without cause; it is deserved. It was with this religion in mind that the slogan was first raised in London, England, in 1938, "Religion is a snare and a racket. Serve God and Christ the King."
  • Mary
    Mary

Here's the scan of the article.......Man, they must be getting desperate to keep their numbers up if they want us back! LOL!!

Returnpg1.jpg picture by sam3217

Returnpg2.jpg picture by sam3217

Returnpg3.jpg picture by sam3217

Returnpg4.jpg picture by sam3217

Returnpg5.jpg picture by sam3217

• sir82
    sir82

It's been commented on before, but I find paragraph 10 most interesting.

In the past, it has invariably been stated that some have fallen away because they did not understand a teaching. Maybe these guys have finally bought a clue and figured out that (a) most any simpleton can figure out their 3rd-grade level "literature", and (b) it's not a matter of not "understanding" - it's a matter of "you dipwads have contradicted yourself again...you dipwads have taken another quote out of context again...you dipwads have provided another false dilemma..."

• laissezfaire
    laissezfaire

Paragraph 13 urks me a bit....

" If you are a mature publisher who has been assigned to help an inactive one...."

I don't want to be helped I want to be left alone unless you come in truness. Seeing this makes me feel that most that come up to me especially now will not come from a place of love but of duty. If you can't sit down with me and talked to me honestly and openly without an agenda of reporting back to the elders I don't want to talk to you. It is not love it's like corporate sales quotos need to be met or wow look at me I got so and so to come back because of my efforts. Do they think everyone who leaves can't have valid reason? and can be manipulated to come back by guilting us...

There is no beauty in this arrangment and I see right thru it.......white washed graves.......

ugh

2nd thought on this I would rather have an imature publisher to talk to I might get somewhere and get some sense into knocked into them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit