Car Group Visited Today

by LB 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Eyebrow
    Eyebrow

It reminds me of when I return back to my home state after being gone for about 6 months. I had gotten married and called my best friend (who is a JW) and we talked a while on the phone to catch up. When I told her I wanted to see her and her family and introduce my husband I got the "Well you know where to find us, on any Sunday morning". This is the family that used to have me over their house at least twice a week.

Would it kill them to let me stop by the house or meet them at a coffee shop?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    How simply rude it is to show up at somebody's house unannounced in order to subtlely chatise someone in their own home.

That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves with them right now. Showing up at your house unannounced. My friends don't even do that. They call first. I think that is the heighth of nerve and very rude. and then what happens? Do you invite the entire car group into your house? Do the ones that don't come in sit in the car? For how long?

It's just so inconsiderate on so many levels. It drives me crazy.

Slipnslidemaster:"The average person thinks he isn't."
    - Father Larry Lorenzoni

• LB
    LB

Now about that showing up thing, my wife was so angry this week that she had me repair our gate and she is LOCKING it for tomorrow morning. We only get our old "brothers" on saturday mornings around here. NEVER during hunting season of course!!!

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Keep a bucket of AIDS over the door, and tell them that the door is unlocked, to come right in, next time.

I'm in a bad mood.

ashi

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LB - where are you located?

((((ashi)))) Hang in there buddy! The weekend is almost here. Go home, kiss your wife, pour yourself a shot of Petron Silver and sip until the hard edges of the week are gone. Then take your wife by the hand and make love to here like you never had before. I guarantee you'll remember what comfort and solace your home can be.

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit