Very Embarrassing & Funny JW memory!

by Ranchette 11 Replies latest jw friends

• thewiz
    thewiz

Farkel

It's too bad dubs sacrifice their lives for nothing when they could have the wonderful pleasure of experiences such as the one I just mentioned.

and others...

I didn't know JDubs sacrificed their lives because they don't help celebrate one of the worlds MOST pagan holidays next to Easter.

Tell me when I visited people in state institutions, prisons, hospices I missed out on something huh? All because it wasn't connected to Christmas. I guess when I went to visit dying patients it didn't count. When I drove 180 miles to support the family when the matriarch died I was being selfish. Because I was doing it as a JDub. When I gave a family $200 so she could feed her kids it didn't count because at the time it was a Jdub doing for another JDub?

When JDubs go into relief areas to help, granted, their own predominately, that doesn't count either.

and you call yourselves better than JDubs? Right

You make such sweeping generalized statements.

Kids would always tell me how deprived I was growing up because I didn't celebrate Christmas, and I still won't. I used to go through a list and ask them: "Have you ever been to D.C. Halifax, Niagra Falls, Alaska, etc. Do you know people from around the world you can call friends? Have you ever been out on th Bay in your own boat, scuba-diving? Ever been to Newport to the beaches and or mansions(only 20 miles away)? How 'bout New Hampshire to the white mts?" THe list could go on. To each one 99% of the kids I asked that they said, "NO". To me it sounded like they were the ones deprived.

My Dad my be an A-Hole at times but have you ever rented an apartment (for peanuts) to someone who didn't have a home because their old place burned down, or simply because they didn't have enough money or lend money without expecting to get a return. Not once or twice but a dozen times?

Go ahead and criticise me, I know you will, simply because of the direction I'm coming from. I'm not kissing Your asses. You immediately jump on a person when you think they are a JDub. Well, I think I would rather be a JDub than be the likes of you sumbitches.

Double-standard judgemental bunch of A-Holes.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

As a kid in 2nd grade our Music teacher at school was a JW (and now an Elder at the local Hall). I really didn't know the ramifications then, but now I wonder how he felt teaching us to sing all those Christmas songs as kids?

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit