the reason why JW kids never do homework

by 1914BS 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

alt

Because they are at the cult meetings taking in ACCURATE NO-LEDGE

• Gopher
    Gopher

To be fair, non-JW kids fill up their after-school hours with extracurricular activities if they're ambitious, or TV watching or video games if they aren't. They too put off homework until late at night or late in the weekend. They're having more fun putting it off than the J-dub kids are. (Spoken from my experience being raised-in-da-troof.)

However when I went to technical school after high school, that entailed some very serious homework. I missed quite a few weeknight meetings during that half-year, but I'm so glad that I did -- it led to a good career.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It may well be true that worldly children put off homework for video games, mall trips, and playtime. But they have that choice and must learn from their decisions. Some actually choose to put their homework first, or learn to do so after flunking a few classes.

The witlesses, however, do not have that freedom to choose. The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger made that decision for them, and that includes going to all the boasting sessions and out in field circus. I am sure they have tried cutting back on these activities so they can get their school work done, only to have a parent force them to go to the boasting session or the hounders hound them to go out in field circus. I don't know of any worldly parents that force their children to play Pokemon or go to the mall when they have homework.

Not to mention they are too tired from staying up late because of the boasting sessions. Elementary school children should be in bed long before 10:00 PM (which is when they get home from the boasting sessions), and especially if there is a unit test coming. Try telling your parents that you need to sleep at a decent hour the night before a unit test (or study for the same test) when there is a boasting session that evening and see if you can skip that boasting session and study or sleep so you can do reasonably well on that test.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Never got my home work done..Too dam tired all week long..JW Kids do not have an easy life!!...........................Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• LDH
    LDH
    Elementary school children should be in bed long before 10:00 PM (which is when they get home from the boasting sessions), and especially if there is a unit test coming.

My daughter (college sophomore) was asleep by 9. She didn't need so much sleep.

My young son is asleep by 8.

Sometimes earlier, depending on when he gets home from football.

I remember having to stay even later if there was a Smellder's meeting.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I like how everyone in that picture is "ethnic" except for the conductor.

• Scully
    Scully

The house rule when I was growing up was that we had to complete our homework in the time between coming home at 3pm and 6pm when dinner was served. If we had extra homework it had to be done on non-meeting nights and weekends (after Serviceā„¢, of course).

I complied, mostly because I was terrified of my dad's displeasure if I didn't. There was no need for physical discipline, because the emotional blackmail was painful enough.

I'm nowhere near as strict with my kids. They have learned, through the natural consequences of notdoing their homework, that it's in their best interests to do it. They don't like getting poor marks for the fact that if they fail they will have to repeat the course all over again, and they do enjoy the incentives we offer for getting good grades.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

It was considered to be a "good witness" where I grew up to be on the honor roll. Most of the witness kids were on it.

Of course the majority never went to college so what was the point?

Well, I SAY the majority but out of all the kids in my hall only about 3 out of 50+ stayed in so how the hell should I know if they did eventually go on to college? I know that one very holier than thou elders daughter became a lesbian ran off with another elders wife and is now a math professor at a very prominent college in NY and has become a very nice person! (go Faith, you RULE) so who knows where they all ended up.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Re: Homework: My mother always let me skip meetings if I had to do homework. Of course, she knew I would actually do it, not play around. We couldn't do the "homework between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m." like city kids because we lived on a farm. When we got home, we had to get into gear to care for the animals, get wood for the stove, etc.

My oldest son was in honors classes and basically spent every moment after school until bedtime doing homework. We'd spend hours and hours working on homework. I feel homework has become really excessive. Of course, that son got a full scholarship to college but, man, he earned it.

Re: Sleep: Babies and Teenagers need the most sleep because their bodies are growing and changing so much. My high school senior goes to bed at 8 p.m. Otherwise, it's almost impossible to get him up at 6 a.m. to get ready for school. I was at the doctor's office yesterday and they had a television in the waiting room with "Accent Health" health information playing. One program said that, before the invention of the electric lightbulb, people slept an average of 10 hours a night. Now, people sleep an average of 6.9 hours a night. I personally need 8-9 hours. I think it would be nice to live by the natural rhythms.

StAnn

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

For me it was based on how well I liked the class. If I hated the class I would not do the homework. But I was still able to pass the class. And for the most part school bored me. It wasn't challenging enough for me. I would rather go through about 4 chapters learn something and move on, not keep going over and over the same chapter for a week and then have a test on Friday. I guess that is why I did much better in Math and Science's classes than most. History and Government wasn't all that bad either. But I hated English and Literature classes. They seemed so boring and such. My senior year I ended up taking World History, the teacher gives all his seniors an A for taking the class. I think I worked harder in that class because I didn't want an easy A. Oh well life goes on.

True, worldly children have so many options for afterschool, but not alot of us did them. And most of us didn't do our homework either.

Amanda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit