On CNN today: Acorn engaging in massive vote fraud.

by BurnTheShips 45 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Again, I'm not saying he wasn't in the wrong,"

Er... how could he possibly be "in the wrong" simply for donating to ACORN?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No ID necessary here in Mississippi. In some districts, there are more dead voters than living voters.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence
    Er... how could he possibly be "in the wrong" simply for donating to ACORN?

That's what I'm trying to understand because it doesn't make sense to me... but there seem to be a lot of people up in arms about it so I want to understand what they feel is so wrong. I'm trying to remain open-minded until I understand their arguments.

Jackie

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

No ID necessary to register to vote or to actually vote? Again, I'm just trying to understand.

Jackie

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"No ID necessary here in Mississippi."

Not even your voter registration card? You just walk in, say your name and vote?

• TopHat
    TopHat

Evidence: By Lee Ann O'Neal | Thursday, October 9th, 2008 Thousands on the rolls after death, creating potential for fraud Woodwick Street was quiet — with a few residents working in their yards and adding to post-storm brush piles at the curb — when Texas Watchdog visited on a recent Saturday to try to find Harris County voter Linda K. Hill. “I’m sorry, but she passed on two years ago,” said a mustached man wearing a Dallas Cowboys baseball cap and driving a motorized chair down the street. He was Linda Hill’s husband, Henderson Hill Jr. Linda Kay Hill, a homemaker and Louisiana native, died Aug. 2, 2006, of a heart attack, her husband recalled, and is buried at Houston Memorial Gardens in Pearland. But Harris County voter records indicate she –- or someone using her identity –- cast a ballot in the November election that year. Linda Hill of Woodwick Street voted in person on Election Day, records show. She is among the more than 4,000 people whose names are listed both on Harris County’s voter rolls and also in a federal database of death records, a Texas Watchdog analysis has found. And dozens of those people, like Linda Hill, have apparently cast ballots from beyond the grave, records since 2004 show. One expert says the number of deceased names used to cast ballots may be higher than what Texas Watchdog’s analysis found. Instances of dead voters’ names being used to cast ballots were most frequent in three elections, the November 2004 general election, the November 2006 general election and the March 2008 Democratic primary, the analysis found.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"but there seem to be a lot of people up in arms about it so I want to understand what they feel is so wrong."

Well just be aware that almost 30% of the population still give GW Bush a positive approval rating. That's about 100 million people whose thinking you'll probably never be able to understand ;)

• Gopher
    Gopher

Again, we're talking potential here. As someone told me a long time ago, "potential" is a scary word.

The election judges at the precincts are supposed to impartially make sure that valid registered voters are casting the ballots.

People of both parties die. There are dead Republican and dead Democratic voters on the rolls. That's an administration problem, and again it leads to that scary word "potential" of fraud.

It's interesting that the previous post (from "Top Hat") cited a source that said there was such fraud in the 2004 general election -- the one where Bush won the presidency and took his home state of Texas (including Harris County).

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

That's interesting, TopHat, thank you. And clearly it's wrong. But the question I asked that has the most impact on which way I should vote is this one:

My understanding is that Obama donated $800,000 to this group. Is there anything that shows that he was aware of the fraud going on, actively participated in the fraud, or requested that the fraud happen? I mean, if he just thought they were a good group that got people signed up to vote and active in the governmental processes that effect their lives and didn't know they were operating in fraudulent ways how is donating money to them a scourge on his record?

If dead people have voted, even if ACORN was involved, which I didn't see stated in what you just posted.... is there anything that shows that Obama was aware of or participated in the fraud? We can all donate to a group we believe has a good purpose and find later that our funds were mis-used or the group achieves it's purposes in ways we would disagree with. Our initial intent would still have been honorable, no? I'm trying to understand why this is different. And if Obama was aware of the fraud then it is very different indeed, but I've seen nothing that says he was.

Jackie

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

When you show up to vote, you are NOT required to show any ID. You give a name, they look at the list, confirm that your "name" is on the list, and then you vote.

The voter lists have not been purged of many dead people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit