Can someone help me with the latest thinking on Boy Scouts??

by lrkr 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I just read (here) that Damon's father was talking to a poster, I believe, and he said only Damon got baptized as a kid.

• blondie
    blondie

I would rather have Damon say it.............that dad was some piece of work

• minimus
    minimus

I'd rather have Damon say it too but it doesn't mean the dad lied, though.

I don't care. As far as I'm concerned, Damon was a JW Boy's Scout.

• Quandry
    Quandry

My brother was a scout. They had campouts, made stuff, and did fun boy things. I would think it is a great way to have young men learn things about the outdoors, earn merit badges for sticking with projects, etc. Especially if a boy doesn't have a dad at home, he could be with a mentor type adult male-usually the father of one of the boys.

I know the WTS frowns upon it, but hope that you'll consider it for your boy.

• HB
    HB

My friend who was a Brownie Leader, was told by the Elders last July that if she wished to be baptised as a JW, she must give up helping at Brownie meetings.

(Brownies is the section of GirlguidingUK for 7 to 10 yr old girls, Girlguiding being the UK equivalent of Girl Scouts)

She very reluctantly resigned from being a Brownie Leader, (she loved it), but she is not yet baptised. It was with the aim of helping her that I first came to JWD, and posters here warned me that membership of Guiding would not be tolerated by her congregation. They were sadly proved right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit