Is it the JW's or the God of the bible you no longer believe?

by reniaa 407 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

And if a Witness were to use the name Jesus 'excessively' (according to JW standards) others would look at them like something is wrong with them.

Jesus also tells us in Acts 1 who we are to be witnesses of.

JWs are clear who they are witnesses of and it is not the person mentioned in Luke and Acts.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa..One lie after another..You refused to answer my questions!..For 12 pages you said you had answered everyone`s questions about Christmas..For 12 pages I told you,you had not answered my Questions..Finally on page 12 you said you REFUSE to answer my questions..Your own words betrayed you!!.....You have lied,misdirected and have been misleading..Where is the truth in that?!!.........Why did you not complete the Sentence from all Seven Bibles?..Why did you only post part of a sentence?..The last part of that sentence proved you to be a Liar.So you edited the sentence..Where is the truth in that?..............Your a Liar Reniaa..The Truth is not in You!........................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Reniaa, do you see us as "bird food" at Armageddon?

hey sacolton good question although the 'us' needs qualifying if you think I mean, myself and anyone else seen not to be doing God's will as defined by the bible, then I would say yes because I do atm consider myself for want of a better expression 'Bird feed' (by the way is that biblically drawn one of the description of armageddon or just an old Jw saying?)

You might want me to qualify the witnesses as not 'bird feed' and all outside them as 'birdfeed' I can't do that either because I have to accept the possibility that in throwing in my lot by choosing jehovah I could be completely wrong and the 'Trinity' was right all along therefore the Jw's are in big trouble. And then things get confusing because there are so many christian faiths that define armgeddon in loads of different ways.

So I will answer you on the premise of my first 'Us' which is myself and anyone not doing God's will as defined by the bible.

Yes we are bird feed!

but it is a question I asked myself, "How could God kill that many people so absolutely" isn't it evil? I could only find one excuse for it and that was if we were about to destroy ourselves quite thoroughly, which 100 years ago was not imaginable that mankind could weild the power to destroy a whole earth or at least all the people on it but now......

I am leaning on my own thoughts on this but I did find one scripture from jesus that seemed to back my thoughts up.

Matthew 24:21-22(New International Version)
    New International Version (NIV)

21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now—and never to be equaled again. 22 If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened.

So maybe if something happenned we had got so self destructive we were about to destroy ourselves maybe God should be quite ruthless about it. we justify america dropping nuclear bombs on two cities which would have had soldiers in but they also had women, children and elderly, we simply say it ended a war and caused a lot less deaths by it, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". I'm no philosopher but I have to accept with God, like I accept with the governments that rule me, they they have ultimate power over law and justice

Reniaa

• Mary
    Mary
    Reniaa said: I wondered whether to say more on this thread especially as it downgraded into a hate witness thread

It did no such thing. No one here hates you Reniaa. It just became obvious that you are misrepresenting yourself and you refused to answer direct questions.

Now imagine yourselves in the 4th century you just been told you are all now to agree with the current governing bodies 'New light' some will agree, others won't and find themselves upset and unhappy, Others might be really hurt by the changes, others will just be undecided, what do you do?

What did Jesus do Reniaa? Did he "accept it and persuade ourselves they are right!"

• Did he: "....disagree calling them all the names under the sun and spend the rest of our lifes trying to break and destroy them!..."
    • Did he: "....use it as an excuse to leave the teachings of the bible completely and enjoy all that immorality has to offer.(this is a limited One lifetime only offer, enjoy it while you can! whether you believe in god or not)..."
    • Did he: "...remain deeply unhappy but do nothing accept suffer in silence allowing bitterness to eat us up!..."
    • Did he "...accept the fault and the imperfection in the current doctrines but try and be possitive, working from within doing our best to change things by example and have a chance of getting our religion back on track"
    • Did he: "...leave completely and join another faith reckoning by simple reasoning that since the other is wrong this one is right! there's just a chance this could be the case. some will check it's doctrines thoroughly to make sure or others will not look to closely not willing to let themselves be dissolutioned again."
    • Or did he: "...create a whole new faith, if we feel the old one is beyond repair, but this takes a lot of bravery and courage with the knowledge that failure is a great possibilty, you need a lot of faith in God to take this final step..."

I'd say Jesus falls into the last one here.

Sorry that this thread didn't turn out the way you anticipated Reniaa, but you brought this on yourself. Your refusal to answer numerous questions on here (and then claim that you did), your constant attempt at changing the subject at hand, inserting nothing more than your own personal opinion and having nothing to back it up, just shows how the Witness mentality works. You never answered the basic question as to why Witnesses are allowed to participate in some 'pagan' practices but not others, simply because you have no answer for it. You've misrepresented yourself on here by claiming to be an 'inactive Witness' who's only 'thinking about going back'. Ya, riiiiiight.

Like others who have lied their asses off on this forum for months on end, it finally caught up with you and while I believe most were willing to give you the benefit of the doubt before, they don't now.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa

Mary is the 3rd person in the last 20 minutes to ask you which of your alternative Jesus would have done. Asnwer the question Reniaa. What alternative would Jesus have taken?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa,

Let's say Jesus were walking the earth as a man right now...as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. If he saw the issues in the org what would he do?

Would he:

• Did he: "....disagree calling them all the names under the sun and spend the rest of our lifes trying to break and destroy them!..."
    • Did he: "....use it as an excuse to leave the teachings of the bible completely and enjoy all that immorality has to offer.(this is a limited One lifetime only offer, enjoy it while you can! whether you believe in god or not)..."
    • Did he: "...remain deeply unhappy but do nothing accept suffer in silence allowing bitterness to eat us up!..."
    • Did he "...accept the fault and the imperfection in the current doctrines but try and be possitive, working from within doing our best to change things by example and have a chance of getting our religion back on track"
    • Did he: "...leave completely and join another faith reckoning by simple reasoning that since the other is wrong this one is right! there's just a chance this could be the case. some will check it's doctrines thoroughly to make sure or others will not look to closely not willing to let themselves be dissolutioned again."
    • Or did he: "...create a whole new faith, if we feel the old one is beyond repair, but this takes a lot of bravery and courage with the knowledge that failure is a great possibilty, you need a lot of faith in God to take this final step..."

It is obvious what he would do. What would the org do to him? What sort of closed door meeting would they have with him? Hmm sounds similar to what happened at the Sanhedrin. What sort of annoucement would they make about him? Hmm sounds like a spiritual killing.

Where does that leave the WT?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi OTWO

If I apply the above to watchtower and the Jehovah's witnesses which is more applicable to me, then I am in the point 5 catagory and still willing to help the Jw's as much as I can,

Don't forget to see how Jesus did exactly as you are saying with the Jews. He was a Jew, he saw
    errors in the teachings of the Jews, he helped them to correct Judiasm, made the Jews what they
    are today. OH WAIT. He didn't do that. Hmmmm.... Aren't you a follower of Christ? What would Jesus Do?

firstly I am not jesus! and as a woman couldn't start a new faith unfortunately women don't qualify biblical or at least I could but I'd have to readjust some scriptures on headship to do it and wear a lot of scarfs ^^

but I digress you like the hard questions! It all comes down to if the jews had got to a point they were unable to change, certainly Jesus came to them first, trying to show them the principles that the law was based on (The next step in their growth as a religion) and from the sounds of it he came to them knowing the jews would reject his message and ultimately kill him after that peter got the dream that openned to the gentiles, So my answer is jesus got killed by the old faith so had to make a new faith.

What would have happenned if the jews actually had listenned to him?

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

firstly I am not jesus!

and as a woman couldn't start a new faith

Why not?

unfortunately women don't qualify biblical

Wrong

or at least I could but I'd have to readjust some scriptures on headship to do it and wear a lot of scarfs ^^

Not readjust. Just take the time to read and understand what is going on. Paul was refuting those old Jeish beliefs about women. Scarfs/headcoverings...shows a lack of understadning of verses. But back to the topic.

What would Jesus do in your scenario? Is that who we are supposed to imitate?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hey, Reniaa ... thanks for commenting.

The "bird food" is used by most JWs towards those who refuse to join the organization or have left. It comes from Revelation 19:21 "The rest were killed by the sword that belonged to the rider on the horse and that came from his mouth, and all the birds gorged themselves with their flesh." The JW teaching is this: those that aren't part of God's organization (Watchtower) will be left for birds to feast instead of burdening the Witnesses from having to bury billions of non-JWs.

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi Mary and isaac

Jesus didn't just create a new faith, he went to the jews first, they killed him and then he resurrected and a new faith was created, if the jews had llistened to him were willing to accept his message what then would have happenned? the church leaders had their time with him before handing him over for execution, that could have gone differently so differently.

I have to say I didn't make an option to cover what jesus would do but then he has options not available to us. When he comes he will be judging the faiths much as the ruler that goes away and comes back will. And then who can be certain who is saved or not which faith is right or not? The bible just says that the majority reject the true message at the time of armegeddon and pay the price for it!

you can only hope you picked the right way. which is all any of us can do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit