fwd Email claiming 1980 AWAKE! "predicted" this economic crisis

by inkling 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thetrueone
    thetrueone
    Selfishness, greed, pride and a heartless lack of concern for others are built into them.

What does all of this mean? Why the worldwide inflation, as well as food shortages, wars and other unprecedented troubles since 1914?

All these things are a sign of the times.

Sign of the times more like the sign of stupidity or intellectual dishonesty,

Maybe the GB needs to take some human history lessens , the fact is that everything that was stated as being the sign of the times

very much occurred in biblical times and all through medieval times to yes even today.

The WTS had always exploited current occurrences to make them seem viable and ...cough cough truthful.

Of course we know the truth of the matter regarding these unpleasant situations.

The jws faith is made up of plagiarism , exploitation and manipulation but by golly they are indeed gods aren't they ?

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Interesting comments from a $billion a year publishing cult that never gives one thin dime back to the community... why bother? Jehovah's going to incinerate everything anyway.....

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Are these the same JWs who insist the "FDS" never claimed to be prophets? I've never seen a group want more to have their cake and eat it too. I make it very clear to JWs (and others) that I'm not interested in their anecdotal evidence and tear them a new one for filling my inbox with unsubstantiated tripe.

This article is about the Tribulation, anyway. I am awe-struck by the average JW's complete lack of reading comprehension. This is why they don't realize the Bible doesn't support all JW doctrine. This is why they don't realized the idolatry and blasphemy of the Watchtower. This is why they aren't even sure what their doctrine is. They can't F-ing read! Add a complete lack of intellectual honesty and all-encompassing need to be right (for once). Now, you have Smurfs walking out of meetings, Alex Trebek singing the praises of the NWT, demons in yard sale bric-a-brac...

I quickly got tired of having to research bogus JW email claims and replying with citations which refuted them. Of course, then I'm the bad guy, because I'm "finding fault", rather than following the lie. Isn't there a scripture about that, somewhere? This is exactly the sort of attitude which inspired me to come up with this phrase:

When the truth is "apostasy", "the truth" is apostasy.

I think it perfectly fits the mentality of the average JW.

• Bella15
    Bella15

A lot of Wall Street FINANCIAL ANALYSTS have been predicting this "economic crisis" ... also a lot of Christian Churches preached about the fall of the economic system - BUT THEY DON'T MAKE MONEY OUT OF IT BY SELLING AWAKES WITH THAT INFO.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

this reminds me of that watchtower/awake from (1995 or something?) which had terrorism as an article and pictures of the twin towers. when 9/11 happened all these people were like OMG LOOK AT THIS WATCHTOWER....yea was prophecy...err...no it was because the "terrorists" tried to blow it up with truck bombs years before they hit it with planes, which ofcourse now everyone knows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit