fwd Email claiming 1980 AWAKE! "predicted" this economic crisis

by inkling 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Purza
    Purza

I did. *gag* Got it from a family member. I didn't even acknowledge receipt - I just deleted it.

Purza

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - a brother showed me this yesterday at the KH

• VM44
    VM44
    Why the worldwide inflation, as well as food shortages, wars and other unprecedented troubles since 1914?

Who says these things were "unprecedented"?

• VM44
    VM44

Always emphazing the negative, typical Awake! article.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty
    Selfishness, greed, pride and a heartless lack of concern for others are built into them.

What does all of this mean? Why the worldwide inflation, as well as food shortages, wars and other unprecedented troubles since 1914?

All these things are a sign of the times.

Sign of the times more like the sign of stupidity or intellectual dishonesty,

Maybe the GB needs to take some human history lessens , the fact is that everything that was stated as being the sign of the times

very much occurred in biblical times and all through medieval times to yes even today.

The WTS had always exploited current occurrences to make them seem viable and ...cough cough truthful.

Of course we know the truth of the matter regarding these unpleasant situations.

The jws faith is made up of plagiarism , exploitation and manipulation but by golly they are indeed gods aren't they

• V
    V

Can anyone say, "Savings and Loan Crisis of the 80's?" Old news, JWs. Get over it.

• Scully
    Scully

Yes, but show them the 1969 Awake! predicting that 1975 would see the Great Tribulation and Armageddon, and they'll call you a liar.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

Heh, probably a copy of the same letter they circulated after the the stock market crash in the 30s.

• justhuman
    justhuman

YOU IDIOTS CAN YOU SEE THE DIVINE EVIDENCE THAT WT IS GOD'S MOUTHPIECE ON EARTH???

WHAT MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED YOU UNBELIEVERS???

• inkling
    inkling
    Can anyone say, "Savings and Loan Crisis of the 80's?"

Ahhh, that makes sense now. I was too young to understand or remember the start of that.

Calling this article "predictive" is like saying that newspaper articles abouth the first world war "predicted" the second.

blah.

[inkling]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit