Fall of the wtbts

by veen 16 Replies latest jw friends

• veen
    veen

I'm sure if the Soviet Union was capable of collapse, then so will be the Watchtower.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Financial problems. Lack of confidence in the system. Emotional malaise of the masses.

What will Watchtower's Chernobyl be? Pedophiles maybe?

B the X... just throwing ideas out here...

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Never underestimate stupid."

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Watchtower can't pay off those on prophecies and Bethelites can't cash them in. Sounds like a subprime prophecy bubble crisis. Time for a bailout? Jehovah? Jesus? Can you spare some prophecies?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I need the WTBTS to fall quickly.

yesterday I threw 20 mags in the garbage

• Satanus
    Satanus

The soviet union is still mostly there. It just lost some pieces. I don't expect the wt to disappear for a long time, iether.

S

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would like to think so but doubt it - not just yet anyway

• blondie
    blondie

The Soviet Union may no longer exist but the parts of it still do and it is business as usual. The Worldwide Church of God split into several parts and still "preaches" the old and new doctrines. The WTS may shrink and adapt but it will continue to exist. Only a total dryup of funds will bring it down but only into a smaller, adjusted version.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Unless some atheistic dictator takes over New York, the WBTS will never 'fall'. They'll just slowly change, mutate, suffer attrition, retrench, rationalise, etc, etc for years and years to come....

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower has enough assets so that it could continue on indefinitely on its investments.

It would have to cut back, but it could continue on forever, at least as long as the financial system continues to work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit