Biden got to me

by smellsgood 13 Replies latest jw friends

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

I was all aboard the McCain train. But seeing Sarah Palin generally spew the same accusations which had been refuted or put into context, reaaalllly bugged the hell out of me.

Its odd, because I've seen Biden and I'd gotten the impression (which remains true of him) that he was a longwinded, pedantic old geezer.

Besides that, I need specifics, I'm not interested in fluffy vague generalized statements, I need precision, facts.

The thing that got me the most is finally I am hearing about intervention in Darfur, Sudan. Palin did not present the same sort of plan to actually be pro-active and try to stop the ongoing genocide.

Of course, I don't vote on singular issues. I still think that Government should be as minimal as possible.

At this point, I'm voting Obama.

I was really really annoyed with Sarah Palin, I was surprised there was such positive feedback. It was really poor of her to not acknowledge Biden's loss when he spoke of it and nearly choked up. Really undignified to just plough ahead with your scripted prattle. To me, it made her seem uncaring and lacking empathy.

I like Obama's economic policies better as well. And Iraq..

• frozen one
  • buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

biden moved me too, however it was to disgust, same ole BS coming out of the Senate and the career politicans. Like him personally but hate him professionally. He is just another turn coat, said realistic things about obama i.e. don't learn on the job, not qualified, etc., but now that he is chosen he can't get his lips off of obama's ass.

don't like McCain either, but do like Sarah Palin, she wasn't there to comfort biden she was there to debate him. I think the whole thing qwas fixed by the democratic party. I* mean look who the moderator was, incompetent Gwen for cristsakes.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    incompetent Gwen for cristsakes.

Out of curiosity, why do you think she was or is incompetent?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Somebody please tell me why people cannot see the rhetoric coming from her mouth for what it is? She repeats like a parrot what she's told. She thinks that by making references to being something she's not, ie: "Joe sixpack" that she is therefore qualified to represent the average person. She's a politician for cripe sakes. Maverick, maverick, maverick, why the hell can't you people hear it? Cornflakes, cornflakes cornflakes, maverick maverick maverick.... Sugar frosted maverick... eat it up. No substance, no beneficial nutrients, all profit. Palin is the lipstick on John McCain. He's an old hawk who hasn't the sense to go home and stay out of the sun. W.Once

• Gopher
    Gopher
    It was really poor of her to not acknowledge Biden's loss when he spoke of it and nearly choked up. Really undignified to just plough ahead with your scripted prattle.

Smellsgood, I could not agree with you more. If she was really friendly and folksy, she would have paused at this point and at least acknowledged that Biden suffered a heartbreaking personal loss. After all, Obama/Biden are expected to honor McCain for the personal suffering he endured while serving America in Vietnam.

But no, heartless Sarah just plowed ahead as you said. Her winking and folksiness was all cancelled out by her callous treatment of Biden at that late stage of the debate.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well I can't find that clip of Biden getting emotional everyone is talking about. Instead I found this, ooops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2mzbuRgnI4

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Apparently the man is in a wheelchair you see.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Yeah absent-mindedly telling his friend Chuck Graham to stand up.

Biden is one heartless S.O.B.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Somebody please tell me why people cannot see the rhetoric coming from her mouth for what it is?

The only way that I can make any sense of it is this: conservatives love and defend her to the end simply because liberals can't stand her. That's all. Nothing else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit