Witnesses = christian? consider this:

by DoomVoyager 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

I was bored at the bookstudy the other night, and the book being studied is of course "Live with Jehovah's Day in Mind". This book is (ostensibly) based entirely off OT writings, specifically the minor prophets. However, you'd expect to see the odd mention of Jesus here and there, seeing as they do claim to be Christians and all?

Recall that last weeks Watchtower accused all non-Witnesses of "never really wanting to be footstep followers of Christ".

Now, I looked through the publication of these so-called "footstep followers of Christ" and lo and behold, Jesus is not even mentioned by name until page 180 out of a 192 page book. 94% of the book passes by before Jesus is even given a cursory nod! In fact, several pages earlier the ransom is lauded as a "loving provision of Jehovah" with no mention of Christ... uh, yeah, last time I checked, it was in fact Jesus who fulfilled the ransom.

I may be atheist, but it still pisses me off that these slimebags load their book up with qualifier phrases like "true Christians" and "Christian servants of Jehovah" but then act like Christ never even existed.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Excellent observations, DV!

Did you actually flip through the first 180 pages doing your analysis during the study? Wouldn't it be great to announce your findings at the end of the meeting - "Hey guys, you'll never believe what I've just discovered - yadda yadda!" That would be great...anyhow, kudos for you for at least getting something factual out of the blasted waste of one hour. You are truly buying out the "opportune time"! I mean, what else could you do? ha ha

• still_in74
    still_in74

thats because this book teaches us to be faithful followers of the WTS jehovah.

I was particularily pissed off last night (as I mentioned in another thread) as they used the minor prophets pleadings to the Israelites to worship Jehovah in faith and whole-heartedness and meekness, as an opportunity to push the JW's into more "faithfull" meeting attendance and service. And to "meekly" follow the direction of the FDS.
    MY BLOOD WAS BOILING WHEN I READ THIS.
    I looked around the room and with the comments they were making it was like I finally realized that these people are brain-washed cult members. Yes I knew this already, but this enormous feeling overwhelmed me as it REALLY sunk in. I could see so clearly the deception and thought control happening... and the dubbies there at it right up and loved every bit of it.

They are not learning to follow Christ, they are learning to follow the FDS, unquestioningly, wherever they take them. The entire bible was written as a means for R&F to serve the org.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What do you expect, when at every meeting they are given another great steaming pile of "LIFE GIVING TRUTH" to swallow?

HB

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Thanks. Yes, a good example of a general failure by the JW's to honour Jesus, which Christians are meant to do. I bet the "Organisation" is mentioned dozens of times before page 180.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d
    they are given another great steaming pile of "LIFE GIVING TRUTH" to swallow?

when do they realize that nothing is "given" when it has conditions on it?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

I think they very much want to minimize Christ. They have already tried to set themselves up as the only real "savior" by teaching that you must be part of their organization to gain everlasting life. They try to knock down the competition by condemning all other religions as being from Satan, but their biggest competitor is Jesus.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager
    Thanks. Yes, a good example of a general failure by the JW's to honour Jesus, which Christians are meant to do. I bet the "Organisation" is mentioned dozens of times before page 180.

Good thought, I will investigate it at the next bookstudy.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It must be tough to have to sit through those washtowel studies and book studies that profess to be Christian when they barely mention Christ. They make more of the minor prophets that were only serving a specific segment of Israel than they do of Christ.

Which is total hypocrisy. Anyone not following the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger cannot be a Christian. But, they hardly mention Christ anywhere these days. But what more can one expect from the Antichrist--Jesus taught his disciples to think on their own without depending on others to do their thinking, and the Washtowel Slaveholdery is doing the exact opposite.

• abbagail
    abbagail

Whoever is the "big Oz" sitting up in the Tower who came up with the WT-brand of "religion," they really created a perfect setup for total control... just think... (and I guess it was Rutherford?)...

If JWs were more familiar with Paul's writings, and studied them as intently as they do the OT, they would soon figure out that FREEDOM in Christ is the message.

But, nooo, and how CONVENIENT that the "LITTLE flock class" snitched away Paul's epistles and the heavenly hope for THEMSELVES, thereby never really teaching JWs to THINK in terms of the Pauline epistles as something that belongs to THEM individually...

And INSTEAD the WT-elite steer and focus the JWs' attention AWAY from Paul and almost solely toward all OT scripture which is all based on LAW LAW LAW and RULES and REGS, etc.

So the end result has to be TOTAL BONDAGE without a clue that they could have total Freedom in Christ which the Elite-Class has conveniently hidden from their veiled eyes.

Sad really... and horrendously sneaky on the part of whoever writes the stuff for them (the JW "lower class") to read.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit