Personal Update

by passwordprotected 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

It's not as straightforward as it could be (when is it ever?). Locally, there's a which hunt against several members of a local congregation, to the point where they're, get this, hounding DFd ones to get 'the dirt' on some alleged local apostates. That's how desperate the elders are.

I know we won't get peace from this as our names are being mentioned in the same breath as the ones they're trying to enough 'dirt' on to DF. Plus, we've got young children who may - or may not - blab about our church-going activities. Do we want any of this hanging over us, or is a clean break the solution?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@scotsman - Alpha isn't a religion or an organisation, it's just the brand name of a 'study' course run by churches of several Christian denominations. Even Catholic churches run it.

I've got my cult radar on and so far have detected nothing malign about their warmth and friendliness. If fact, it showed up on my system as "normal human behaviour" and I even know some of the people attending the course. However, I'll keep running tests to look out for any traces of 'love bombing' ;-)

• scotsman
    scotsman
    Do we want any of this hanging over us, or is a clean break the solution?

It's all about how you percieve it. Ignore it I'd say, and keep away from the people that feed you all the JW nonsense about witch hunts/dirt digging etc. it's now got nowt to do with you. Or rather it has much to do with you as you want. Might mean being coolish with your parents but the alternative is probably no contact at all.

I'm not suggesting that the Alpha concept is a cult, just that you're not hasty. I've had 2 friends (nonJW) join then leave because of pressure to conform, but that was a couple of years ago and the group you attend might be quite different.

"normal human behaviour" includes JW behaviour in my experience. "normal" runs the gamut of human behaviour.

• besty
    besty

any update on this now PP?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Any update on what, sir?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit