Personal Update

by passwordprotected 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, life is better after you have recognized the false prophet and escaped its grasp. The Holy Spirit is actively working to educate JWs to make haste from the Watchtower.

Peace in Christ to you and your family.

• besty
    besty

thats great that things are moving in the right direction - glad to be of some help no matter how small :-)

the other decision you may be thinking about is whether to write letters to some of the JW's you know - pre DA

time over again I would say something like:

Dear xxxxx

We;ve known each other for many years and I trust you like the friend and brother you have been to me,

Unfortunatley because of our membership of the Jehovahs Witness religion you now have a decision to make. Sometimes the truth (and I use the word truth in the everyday sense, not the Witness sense) is unpalatable. I have come to understand that I personally value truth over conformity, no matter that it will have painful consequences for those that I love. Let me say that again - I value truth over conformity - tough as that mat prove to be.

You see, the Orgainzation values conformity amongst the members over truth - shocking as that may be, that is the case. Can I prove it? In 1954 there was a court case right here in Scotland to establish whether Jehovahs Witness elders were in fact ordained ministers and therefore exempt from military service. Did you know such a case had been fought in Scotland and that Fred Franz then WTS President and Haydn Covington Legal Counsel for the WTS both testified under oath that the WTS have promoted proven false prophecy but insist on uniformity of thought and belief from members? Read the whole trial transcript here if you wish http://www.lulu.com/content/762879 It's a Court Record from the Scottish legal system - not apostate material.

I am at the stage in my life where I give priority to truth and personal integrity over membership to a group of men, no matter how grandiose their claims. Give yourself permission to verify the facts of their claims before granting them control over the rest of your life. <insert WTS quotes encouraging this and scripture re Beroeans> Once you mentally allow for the possibility of a disconnect between the Faithful and Discreet Slave and Jehovah God then you will be free to analyse their credentials. This is what the WTS are terrfied of members doing and why so many are leaving right now. On the other hand after making such a careful examination if it remains 'the truth' for you then I'm happy that you have examined your faith.

Would I walk away from many years of friendship and family ties lightly? Of course not. Trust me as I trust you. My examination of Witness theology leaves me unable to decide whether it more like a sieve or a colander. There is a whole world of knowledge out there which you are subtly being controlled to ignore (WTS higher education policy and Sep 2007KM QB) I cannot live in a mental void anymore. Sorry.

I hope that whatever you decide works out for you - I am here as an unconditional friend for you - I hope that our friendship is based on more than just group membership.

Best regards

PP

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Looking back to when I first posted here in June, I can't believe how much my life has changed for the better. Back then I was scared and wrought with absolute anxiety. So, to anyone in the position of having doubts about the WTS and believing there's no way out or there's no where else to go, please believe me that there is a happy, contented, peaceful life away from the WTS.

Don't be afraid to let go.

I remember reading your first few posts, and I was worried, because it seemed like you were moving too fast. How glad I am that I was wrong! You seem to be moving at the perfect speed for you and your wife and kids. Good luck to you. You may want to take a look at Dr. Bob's letter threatening legal action if the elders encourage your jw relatives to shun you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm really happy for you!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Good for you, PassPro and family !

• Quandary
    Quandary

It is wonderful to hear about a successful exit from the bondage of the WT!! Good luck in your continuous quest!

Q

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Good deal, PP! Welcome to the FREE WORLD. Randy

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

HI PP,

I've been told that I've moved too fast too.. but my life has never been better... In 6 months I've DAd, left my toxic JW relationship, started a new relationship with a cute exJW, and embraced atheism... made plenty new friends both exJW and nonJW... and read tons of books t9o expand my worldview that was so limited as besty said in his sample letter...

Sounds like you guys are an inspiration... keep it up!

Take care,

A@G

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Truly lovely... I adore hearing good news! I'm so happy your wife and you could exit together.

It just gets better and easier from here. Cheers to you both.

Love,
    Baba.

• besty
    besty

Sam and I have opened a book on how long before you are an atheist. I say within 6 months as you are a bright guy who moves fast and isn't scared of change :-)

http://www.lionsgate.com/religulous/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit