'68 Truth book, '89 WT?

by JimmyPage 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Can anyone help me get my hands on a '68 Truth book so I can compare it with the '81 version? Also can anyone help me get an '89 WT that says the preaching work would be finished by the end of the century so that I can compare it with the bound volume? That one's a tall order I know. By the way, did the change in the bound volume come AFTER the year 2000?

• asilentone
    asilentone

PM Atlantis to post it here!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I don't have the literature you are looking for but I do know that bound volumes were printed and released each year in the winter or spring. As I recall, there was just one print run for each year. Thus, the 1989 bound volume would have been published in 1990.

I can't think of a reason why they would re-print the 1989 issues in 2000.

Of course, by the mid-90's the WTS was putting their literature on CD. It's quite possible that they would make changes to the old issues on the newer CDs.

Pretty dang sneaky, isn't it??

-Aude.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I think I have my original Truth book. What exactly were you looking for in it?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

1968 Truth Book--PDF Click the link at the bottom of the next page. http://www.sendspace.com/file/njjp4j Watchtower-1989-January-1-entire issue (See page 12, bottom of par. 8 for "in our 20th century" quote). http://www.sendspace.com/file/46i4gr Cheers! Atlantis!-

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

This is the same page 12, par.8 in the 1989 WT Bound Volume. The "brown-edges" of the Bound Volume can be seen in this scan. (Notice, "in our day" just above par.9)

• Atlantis
  • yknot
    yknot

alt

Atlantis!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Yknot:

Thank you, and you post the most "colorful" replies I think I have ever seen! Beautiful!

Cheers! Atlantis!-

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Dagney what I was looking for in the original Truth book were quotes, especially from a book with "1975" and "famine" (if I recall right) in the title that were removed from the '81 version. I first learned of this from a video on youtube. ***If anyone's willing to part with a '68 version I'm willing to buy it.*** Having it in hand is more convincing than scans. But I absolutely appreciate the scans, Atlantis! Fantastic job as always.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit