Nov 15 WT Study Edition - Appeal to help inactive ones

by TJ - iAmCleared2Land 43 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Heard today that the Nov 15 issue has two of its four study articles targeted at helping inactive ones. Get ready for the phone calls to start up. Has the scans of this been posted yet?

11/15/08 Watchtower (Study Edition)
    For week of 1/5-11/09 (Watchtower Study) - Help those who stray from the flock
    Theme Scripture: (Luke 15:6) . . .‘Rejoice with me, because I have found my sheep that was lost.’

For week of 1/12-18/09 - Help them return without delay!
    Theme Scripture: (John 6:68) . . .Simon Peter answered him: “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life;

• blondie
    blondie

I read that magazine and there is nothing really new except where the information is placed in the WTS hierarchy of articles. In the past it has been placed as a side WT article or a KM article. My feel from the placement in 2 WT study articles, that the WTS is seeing serious impact from inactive "fading" jws. A talk was given at a nearby congregation saying that in the last 2 years, 10 out of 90 have become inactive. That doesn't count those that are "just" irregular.

Blondie

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Thanks, Blondie (as always). They certainly have more going out than coming in...

• AnneB
    AnneB

If the angels are directing a sifting work why would JW's want to bring back people who have left? Maybe they've been sifted out!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

If they really cared then they would always be putting effort into to helping former JWs.

The local congregation will spend hours if the ministry round the doors but don't drop in to see me. I am certainly on good terms with most of the congregation and would invite them in for a chat and a drink.

Calling on me would certainly be more pleasant than the reception they get at the public's door. But then again they couldn't count their time so perhaps that is it.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It's times like these that make me glad that I'm df'd.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

They have had these "campaigns" before...If they take as much notice this year, I can rest easy because nobody has said a word..

• done4good
    done4good
    It's times like these that make me glad that I'm df'd.

I d/a'd just avoid this kind of campaign.

j

• sacolton
    sacolton

Faders, your time is coming! They are coming for YOU!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes, DA while you still can!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit