Stupid mom.

by ColdRedRain 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

The "get a job" comment was uncalled for. If money was set aside for him, buying a house and a car aren't unreasonable requests. I've worked with disabled people, and the goal is to help them be as independent as possible, so his own house and car may not be a bad idea, even if he is disabled. Being that we all know how controlling jws can be, we need to give CRR the benefit of the doubt. It is better to ask questions about his particular situation than criticize him for venting, which is something we all do on occasion. If the mods let the "B" and "C" words alone, then so should we.

ColdRedRain: Why does your mother have control of your money? If you are disabled in some way and able to live on your own, you may be able to have the court appoint a different guardian who is in agreement with you. Let us know as many details as you can

How is the "get a job" comment uncalled for? If he isn't disabled, he needs to learn to take care of himself. A job goes a long way towards teaching personal responsibility.

So what if Jws are controlling? It is obvious that this young man doesn't have control over himself, or at least his mouth. He needs to learn a little control. His disrespectful and downright hateful attitude towards his mother may be one reason why he isn't getting what he thinks he deserves. He has no respect. He seems very spoiled, with a sense of entitlement, and more than willing to call his mother all sorts of names because he isn't getting his way. Getting a job may help him learn responsibility and respect.

Saying that his mother is in charge of his money indicates that there is something else going on here than we are being told. And your post does nothing more than reinforce his terrible, disrespectful behavior.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    If the mods let the "B" and "C" words alone, then so should we.

Maybe the mods feel CRR needs the feedback he is going to get after using such words to describe his mother.

Money is put into trust or under the care of a payee for a reason. Good reason.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You guys are very hard on someone who is venting. If CRR called his mother those names to her face, I can see why she isn't cooperative. But just because he used them here in a fit of anger, (which he admitted he was ranting), doesn't mean he used them to her face. If the money was set aside for him, and it's enough to buy a house and a car and live off of, then he doesn't need to get a job. Te be denied what is rightfully his on the basis of his mother's irrational beliefs in a cult is unreasonable. Why is she controlling his money? Well, that's probably something we'll never know, since so many of you attacked him for venting like so many of us have here.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Te be denied what is rightfully his on the basis of his mother's irrational beliefs in a cult is unreasonable.

If indeed that is what is going on, sure. But there seems to be other factors involved and CRR is not mentioning those.

Why is she controlling his money? Well, that's probably something we'll never know, since so many of you attacked him for venting like so many of us have here.

If somebody makes a post like CRR, he deserves to be attacked.

Not to worry though. You've been so sweet maybe he will bury his head in your bosom and have a good cry. Once you've wiped his tears and offered the cookie, perhaps he'll come back and tell us all what his problem really is.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Well, that's probably something we'll never know, since so many of you attacked him for venting like so many of us have here.

Really? I've been here a few years and haven't seen anyone else use the C word to describe their mothers. That's over the top by any standard, and cannot be overlooked or excused.

Once you've wiped his tears and offered the cookie,

Mmmmmmmm, cookies!!!

W

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I would be ranting if that money was mine and I was 18.

I would be thankful if I found myself 25 or 30 years old and my mom had held it until then.

It seems horrible to make a young adult wait for it, but it's probably wise. At lease with all of the young ones I know. I just now figured out how to be responsible about a year ago at 25. I never could have handled it even at 21.

• avishai
    avishai

I wonder how many people would be saying the same thing if it were a woman venting about her abusive elder Dad, if she called her dad a dick? If he were holding a trust, will from grandparents, etc over her head? Some moms are abusive. Unfortunately, we place such a premium on motherhood in this society ( we should) that we project that any neg. projected their way is mean, disrespectful, etc. ( we should'nt)

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I wonder how many people would be saying the same thing if it were a woman venting about her abusive elder Dad, if she called her dad a dick? If he were holding a trust, will from grandparents, etc over her head? Some moms are abusive. Unfortunately, we place such a premium on motherhood in this society ( we should) that we project that any neg. projected their way is mean, disrespectful, etc. ( we should'nt)

Hi Avi I think that if a woman was venting about her abusive elder dad and called him a dick, she ought to have her head danced on. If I saw it, I would be the one leading the lindy hop. Wrong is wrong.

• avishai
    avishai

Yes, Rob, I know you are fair either way.

PS, you can lindy-hop? Sweet!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit