Zimbabwe Branch Is Cutting Back

by Tired of the Hypocrisy 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I got this email from my cousin. I don't know if it is true, but it looks like the society is being run out of Africa.....

Things are really heating up in this wicked system & the end will be here shortly. F rom a brother in the Zimbabwe Bethel. ****** Hi to you all, Zimbabwe is going through a very difficult time. We have just heard that the branch has had to release 24 brothers from Bethel. That will bring the Bethel family down to about 60 odd. Some will go into the special pioneer work and others back to supporting a local congregation. That is seven married couples and ten single brothers. Others may be asked to leave if the economic situation does not improve. The branch has also had to cut back on a large number of special pioneers. So far this does not include me....!!! Additionally the whole Kingdom Hall building program has stopped and all construction brothers sent home. So far the program has built about 450 new Kingdom Halls for about 530 congregations under this assistance to countries with limited resources program. The reason for all this is the deplorable economic situation that the country and branch has to work under. Our inflation is so high that by the time money comes in to the country, goes through the banking system and goes out to be used it has lost its value. At present US $1.00 is sitting at Z$100 billion. It will be worse this afternoon..!! So you may think, for example, that you are going to receive the equivalent of US$10. By the time you actually get it the value has dropped to a few cents. We can only draw Z$100 billion a day in cash if the banks have cash. Checks and swipe cards are limited. We have not had bread in months. Fuel is scarcely available but only in foreign money. No mealie meal, the basic food item for the locals, no sugar, flour, salt, cooking oil, etc. Electricity and water are often off for long periods. Some areas for months and months. So it is all very trying. The whole country is on its knees and the politicians do nothing to help. But then this is Satan's system. On the positive side. We had our Kingdom Hall dedicated on Saturday. 239 came from the two congregations that will use it. One English and one Shona. The Hall itself was a major effort. The site is on clay soil and so we had to go down with eleven reinforced concrete pillars about three meters. It took as long to build our Hall as it took the brothers to build our new Assembly Hall. 15 months.....!! Just had a new peak of over 33,000 which is very encouraging as about five million have left the country for greener pastures in Europe , America, Australia and South Africa due to the problems here. So a peak in publishers is welcome news. Just came back from doing some rural witnessing today. We have not been out to our calls in the rural area of our territory due to the political intimidations that has been going on with the elections. Many brothers have had a very difficult time and some loosing everything. Typical of Satan. The brothers warned us not to go out there. But today it was quiet and we were very well received. The Truth is still good to some here. Sadly we may have to leave before the year is out as we can no longer manage economically and medically. The three of us will move to England . The Medical Aid Societies, we have been relying on to assist with medical expenses, have collapsed. Along with most other institutions. It has been so sad to see such a beautiful country go down the drain...but then the whole world will soon be following suit. But we are well. A____ had a cold and cough but now coming out of that. So keep all the brothers here in your prayers, they need them. We will continue to fight the fine fight. Your faithfulness is such an encouragement to us. Warm regards, P What do you think? "If either the right wing or the left wing gained control of the country, it would probably fly around in circles." Pat Paulson http://watchtowertruth.blogspot.com/

• yknot
    yknot

When things get to tight for the WTS it allows the locals to fend for themselves..... after all Satan is going to cause much calamity.

Besides I heard the WTS was wanting to focus more on Eastern Europe for converts (to replace us Westerners).

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A new peak? !

Hopefully, the whole work in Africa goes kaput as Beth Hell ends up going belly up.

• dozy
    dozy

Most branches across the world are cutting back , so this isn’t a specifically Zimbabwe matter. (The Harare branch and the KH building program isn’t financed locally but paid for primarily by the London branch , but don’t let Mugabe know!)

The small France Bethel has been asked to lose a further 20 volunteers which they can barely manage to do and there are cutbacks for many other branches. The WTS is running out of money and fast - one presumes that the Brooklyn sell-off has ground to a halt.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Great news, if it's true. Since the wt said that the work would be speeding up near the end, this would mean that the end is getting farther away.

S

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I think the WT maybe starting to cut and run,,cult control can be pretty expensive at times supporting missionaries and factories,, and bottom line folks is that they need to stop money from leaking away,, I imagine it could get pretty expensive with all those different countries to keep a tight grip on the JW minds.

I think the WT is not getting enough contributions any more from the US and the other countries and is experiencing an alarming income loss bought by thier own stupidity(strickly nontaxible freewill donations for literature backfire) and trickle down hard ecconomic times worldwide effecting ability and willingness to give anything for literature or to contribute directly even by those still loyal DUBs. WT stock portfolio must be lossing a lot of value too,,, It just might really be the time of the end only not the end of the world as taught by these sharleton but the end of the WT thru bankruptcy to match thier spirituality.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah "Satan" destroyed Zimbabwe's economy......it had nothing to do with the Politians and poor mangement.

• Gopher
    Gopher

That's the Witness worldview -- Zimbabwe is croaking, and the WHOLE WORLD WILL SOON FOLLOW. Everything, I mean everything, means Armageddon is right around the corner.

The people are trapped in cult-think.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is a multi Billion dollar organization..They could give what ever help they wanted to,to JW`s in Zimbabewe.....They choose not to............Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• abbagail
    abbagail

Sounds terrible -- for ALL human beings over there -- I wouldn't relish being without normal "comforts" that we are used to over here...

It does, however, sound like the WT is definitely "hurtin' for certain."

---------

I wonder how the WT and JWs are doing in Burundi? I heard on Christian TV that the pres and "head of state" there is a Christian (a "real" one, not a JW).

---------

Anyone ever hear anything about Malawi? About a year or two ago I was searching the obits at the local newspaper website, and learned the hubbie of former JW friends had died, and the obit mentioned (so-and-so) as their "adopted son" in Malawi... and since that person/"adopted son" is a JW, I figured maybe he was in Malawi as a missionary or "where the need is greater" or something.

(If "adopted son" is the same person I am thinking of, he is fully grown, married, previously moved to "where the need is great" is the USA... and could very well have ended up in Malawi on "special assignment" or something).

---------

Map of Africa: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.munoz-group.net/pics/map_africa.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.munoz-group.net/research_ctry_africa.asp&h=502&w=500&sz=94&tbnid=ou-92J3Im48J::&tbnh=130&tbnw=129&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmap%2Bof%2BAfrica&hl=en&usg=__54xyTkBvUmSVObIta0J4IRgeJ6Y=&sa=X&oi=image_result&resnum=7&ct=image&cd=1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit