How come the US taxpayer has to bail out the greedy, immoral bankers

by yadda yadda 2 27 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

$750 billion. Thats about $2,000 for every US citizen.

What I don't understand is how come it is viewed as communism and interventionism to interfere with the market when the times are good, but as soon as it all goes sour, the US Government immediately intervenes to bail the market out and mortgage future generations of hardworking US taxpayers?

It's almost surreal. It's an outrage.

Where is the accountability in all this? Aren't there rules about prudent investment decisions and fiduciary duties?

I wouldn't bail the bastards out unless a strict new regime was immediately put in to make the greedy pricks accountable for their actions. CEO's and the wall street bankers should have to answer for this. Why aren't any heads rolling!!!!

• darth frosty
  • juni
    juni

Hopefully it will help get things moving... every thing is at a standstill.

Not a a hugely wise choice, but what is at stake is FAR worse yada. The US economy is on the edge of a precipice about ready to take down the world economy.

I can appreciate how you feel, but if it gets things moving .. think of it as a shot of ExLax.

Take care.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

We have to bail out those greedy bankers because they are the ones that are actually running this country (together with the big drug, oil, and food companies and Codex Alimentarius). If they do something that results in their taking a bath, they can just take it out on the taxpayers so they can continue to lock out good companies and continually put out crap. They only want crap on the markets, and that is how they finance it (since they cannot compete on the free market).

• Warlock
    Warlock

The bankers are the ones who make the rules of the game.

I knew that WAY before there was any internet.

Warlock

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

... because they said so.

• hubert
    hubert

I have a better use for the 700 billion dollars. Take that money and pay half the mortgage for everyone that bought a home and defaulted because of nonpaymment in the last 4 years. (Someone came up with this suggestion already, but it wasn't discussed).

This way, they can keep their home, the bank gets half their money, and people should be able to keep up payments with a new lower mortgage rate, based on half the money owed.

Couldn't this work?

Seems better to put the money in the people's hands, instead of big business. Big business will just keep doing what they always do, screw the little guy.

Hubert

• Gill
    Gill

The bankers rule the world.

They aim to get rid of all of us 'useless feeders' as soon as possible and keep everything for themselves. Bush is one of those mega uber rich people and he's out to get as much of his money in the Cayman Islands, along with his cronies as he can.

Tell me why your government has stockpiles 500 000 plastic coffins and why your troops will start patroling the streets to control civil unrest on October the 1st.

Something bad is happening in the USA.

Be careful and don't believe anything they say.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    Take that money and pay half the mortgage for everyone that bought a home and defaulted because of nonpaymment in the last 4 years.

I have an honest question about this (don't mean to be a wise-ass). How would this help people who've already moved out of their homes in the past 4 years and are now renting? The banks have taken a lot of those homes and re-sold them at a lower price to another buyer.

• Gregor
    Gregor

I think it is a mistake. The argument is made that the paper the Gov is taking will eventually be worth more, possibly double, what they are now paying for it. If that is the case why not let private investors buy it? If the gov does make a few hundred billion in profit we all know what will happen to it. It sure won't come back to the taxpayer who is backing the purchase now. The taxpayer always takes it in the ass. I say let the chips fall where they may. This country needs a shake up in it's credit fueled "I want it all and I want it now!" mindset.

P.S. Screw the Republicans and the Dems. The gov is not our friend. Learn that lesson.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit