Washington Mutual just failed. Meh.

by LDH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

I better not see people who can't make payments on time getting to keep their homes.

I have a friend who is 67. She has an ARM. Her payment DROPPED by $20 in August. Maybe because she pays on time, ya think?

I'll be damned if we bail out the poor planners on the backs of the financially conservative.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Heheh, don't worry someone will collect on the debt. JP Morgan Chase bought chunks of WaMu, so I imagine they'd just start sending payments to Chase instead of WaMu.

This reminds me of something from Demolition Man when they went to a fancy Taco Bell, and Sandra Bullock explains "In the future all restaraunts are Taco Bell"

"In the future all banks are Chase" This is the second or third thing they've gobbled up during this correction.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

WaMu got bought by JPMorgan Chase. Investors lost their shirts..BUT.....

Depositors are just fine. FDIC didn't even need to get involved. It isn't that bad.

BTS

• Octarine Prince
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The Feds won't let FDIC fail. Last week they guaranteed money market funds, I can only assume they would do something similar here. To do otherwise would cause a bank run.

That said, WaMu failed, but deposits were safe, even without FDIC intervention. This is good news.

BTS

• LDH
    LDH

I want the Board of Directors of all of these companies prosecuted for treason. Half of WaMu's money was in risky mortgage deals. That was a business decision.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Which is why the government should allow these businesses to fail. Chase probably ended up with a decent deal. The BOD of WaMu certainly will be sued for negligence and whoever wrote their Directors & Officers insurance coverage (AIG was/is a large writer of that type of insurance) will likely pay policy limits which will not even to begin to make up the loss for the investors. Treason? Not sure I follow that.I think the treason is actually being committed by the elected officials in Washington on both sides of the aisle especially if the bailout package in its current form is passed.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I want the Board of Directors of all of these companies prosecuted for treason. Half of WaMu's money was in risky mortgage deals. That was a business decision.

Greed and stupidity aren'y illegal.

BTS

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I noticed that WaMa raised their savings interest rate to 4% and also increased returns on MM funds...

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yeah, wamu failed and the world didn't end.

Hi LDH. did the AIG bailout help your company, hinder your company, or did it cause nothing much to speak of?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit