Catch Phrases Witnesses use to Keep You Controlled through Fear and Guilt

by flipper 15 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

if you ever leave the hall....I'll tell the police where you hid all the people you killed......I knew my wife was bluffing....but it annoyed me so much she's now under the floorboards with the rest of them.......muhahahahahahaha.........................................ha

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Stumbling others. That is used to prevent people from enjoying things that they should be able to--including things that even the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger hasn't outright said anything about. If it makes someone stumble, you had better not do it or you are going to be held bloodguilty. This policy, incidently, is responsible for most of the more outlandish and stupid rules found in congregations.

Closely related is the bloodguilt issue in field circus. If you are not out there every second, or if you do not say just the right thing, or do something that shows you as a human, you might stumble the householder and be held bloodguilty for it. And if you go in early to prepare for work (or take too many breaks), you are bloodguilty for murdering the people that you otherwise would have reached.

• greendawn
    greendawn

We should differentiate between the tenderly compassionate god of the gospel and the kind of vicious, severe, unforgiving god projected by the WTS, the two do not coincide. The JW god is an artifact created for the sole purpose of achieving mind control through this ruthless and destructive authority figure. That's why we say the JWs have regressed back to the old testament set up and caused many to be stumbled and hate god.

• Amha·’aret
    Amha·’aret

Re stumbling others - there is a flipside to that. Ps 119:165

Abundant peace belongs to those loving your law,

And for them there is no stumbling block. (NWT)

So even if you are being legitimately stumbled by someone's actions, if you really really love God's law then you wouldn't be stumbled in the first place. So you can't win!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It depends how you see the whole stumbling process, here we have the fds stumbling people by exploiting their naivity and ignorance on spiritual matters and putting them on a process of severe exploitation and emotional repression that is very anguishing for them. They are justified to say they have been stumbled and as Jesus warned there would always be those creating scandals.

Some are more susceptible to repression and damage through the destructive WTS god image others don't take it so seriously.

• flipper
    flipper

MANDETTE- " Age of Accountability ". So I bet your dad drove you nuts with that controlling statement as you said.

GOPHER- Oh yes. " A bad heart motive ". How often did we hear that one ? How weird was that ? I think it was a " good heart motive " that led most of us to leave the organization !

SAMMIE LEE'S WIFE- I agree. There are a lot of similarities between the Bush administration mind control tactics and the Watchtower societies mind control tactics !

AWAKENED at GILEAD- Those are good ones you stated. How can you leave Jehovah ? Guilt inspiring. Don't you know Armageddon is coming ? Fear inspiring.

AMHARET- True- The witnesses are told to do more, more, more ! And made to feel inadequate and guilty if they don't ! And then they keep them in fear of venturing out into the world because they paint it as so evil.

GREENDAWN- I agree the Watchtower society God and the God in the Biblle are 2 different God's. " Bringing reproach on Jehovah's name ". Another expression making people feel guilty.

MARY STEWART- I'm glad you got out of the witnesses ! Sorry your life sucks ! Sounds like your mom is really manipulated. She hates apostates ? Doesn't she know we are a bunch of sweeties ? LOL !

St. ANNE- Must have been another Martha, er Mary Stewart !

NINJA- Maybe we should tell the police where all the bodies are that the governing body has killed all these years by their insane rules !

WT WIZARD- " Stumbling others ". Yeah- That's a common phrase they crammed down our throats. They used it to produce guilt in us and fear so we would be afraid of what God would do to us if we stumbled others ! He'd hold us accountable . Weirdos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit