CAN A JW have indirect links with babylon the great?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert
    ubm,what that?

I think it means "unbaptized mate".

Like, if you are married to a person who is of another religion, or not practicing being a j.w. He or she would be a "ubm".

Hubert

• james_woods
    james_woods

I would have said UBM meant Unbelieveing Mate; but I can't really remember if this was a JW term (the acronym) or just came from here.

For sure they used the spelled-out version Unbelieving Mate all the time in my old congregations.

Back on Babylon the Great - they almost had Talmudic laws about whether you could fix the phones in a church if you were a telephone lineman; even whether it was really right and proper to own other translations of the bible made by churches other than the society.

There was the "attending a funeral in a worldly church" - (you were usually told to just go to the graveside, which to me was just as bad because the preacher would still be giving the final words there too).

• halcyon
    halcyon

Didn't we sometimes have YMCA dormitories available to stay at for some assemblies back in the 70s?

• blondie
    blondie
    *** w02 8/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***In many cases, her unbelieving mate will not mind if his Witness wife gives moral and spiritual education to their children, and help toward that end is available at meetings of Jehovah’s people.
  • james_woods
    james_woods

So, Blondie - do you think they ever used the abbreviation UBM?

BTW, I just thought of another truly ridiculous example on the subject - one of my ex-wife's brothers was practically prohibited from joining a kind of young men's basketball group at the local rec center (not a YMCA, city facility) because it was partly sponsored and coached by a Fellowship of Christian Athletes promoter.

• badboy
    badboy

I KNOW OF A JW WHO PLAYS WITH PLAYERS WHO HAVE CROSSES ON THEIR BODIES(tattoed?) AS THEY PLAY.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit