Fading becomes ground for disassociation

by passwordprotected 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber
    You just have to be careful what you say or not say anything at all. Blondie

The reason I'm coming to this conclusion is that I have evidence that elders are already asking faders this very question: "Do you still wish to be known as a JW?"

It's a loaded Q, as we all know. Answer incorrectly and you are DAing yourself in front of 2 witnesses. ...(Passwordprotected )

To date inactivity does not = disassociation under the WT "charter". Blondie

If you've faded, and you get asked the "Loyalty" question, and you answer in the negative, then you're automatically Disassociated.

civics100

Do not answer the so-called loyalty question...ask your own battery of questions

Why do I feel like I'm on the witness stand and I'm being cross-examined ?

What is your ultimate purpose in trying to put me on the spot ?

Can you please give me a Bible precedence where the Apostles encouraged this ?

I have not officially given you a change in my status or stance.. If and when by my choosing

I do so you'll be the first ones to know...you have my promise

The only Bible example I can think of for trying to corner me in with a question is the Pharisee's

trying to find fault with Jesus.. would you choose to follow their example ?

When you ask do I wish to be known as a JW why do I get the feeling it more about what you wish for ?

Always remember the rule .." He who controls the questions controls the argument"

Caliber

• LisaAnn
    LisaAnn

I've been faded about 2 years, and there was a family that continued to come over to hang for the first year- then all of a sudden they stopped! Very strange. Maybe our hall had some 'special' talks...?

• choosing life
    choosing life

There is no official policy right now. They may ask you the "loyalty" question, but it is easy to get around. Put it back on them, Why, are you saying you have doubts? That is usually enough to send them packing with their tails between their legs.

They may give pointed counsel from the platform. Individuals may choose to withdraw from you. There is nothing you can do about that.

• besty
    besty

hey pp - :-)

We were asked the loyalty questions before being DF'd in a separate process 4 months later - during the Wheel Of Fortune Loyalty Quiz some of the random questions included:

Do you still consider yourself a JW?

Have you attended any other churches?

Are you using the NWT?

Do you still believe in God?

Do you have any issues with WTS teachings?

Interestingly we never got the FDS Winner Takes All special tiebreaker question.

We were able to fob off the two goons sufficiently well that it took new information for them to re-open our case.

If you think about it faders (as we were at the time) are the only possible candidates to direct these loyalty questions at. If it gets to a JC they will have evidence and witnesses and won't need the self-incrimination hoopla.

I agree that if you are being asked these specific questions they are looking to win at Disassociation Bingo.

• Graham G.
    Graham G.

Thank you so much for your great suggestions here Friends!! My wife and I are about to face the Bingo Questions too. Thanks to you guys, I will be able to reply in the smartest possible way.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    Do not answer the so-called loyalty question...ask your own battery of questions

Why do I feel like I'm on the witness stand and I'm being cross-examined ?

What is your ultimate purpose in trying to put me on the spot ?

Can you please give me a Bible precedence where the Apostles encouraged this ?

I have not officially given you a change in my status or stance.. If and when by my choosing

I do so you'll be the first ones to know...you have my promise

The only Bible example I can think of for trying to corner me in with a question is the Pharisee's

trying to find fault with Jesus.. would you choose to follow their example ?

When you ask do I wish to be known as a JW why do I get the feeling it more about what you wish for ?

Always remember the rule .." He who controls the questions controls the argument"

Caliber

Good response, Caliber! I'll have to remember this one...

My wife and I were asked the "Loyalty" question about 4 years ago. We weren't making it to all the meetings, but we still considered ourselves Witlesses. We answered the question honestly back then, because we still sincerely believed then that it was God's organization.

4 years later... Yeah, I know. They're nothing but false prophets. I've been visited twice already this year, asking about our fade. Once, it was with just one elder, and again with an elder and another regular brother. They actually came a third time, but I never opened the door (and they couldn't tell if I was home or not, LOL). I've been able to finnagle my way out of why I stopped attending meetings, but the day will come when they ask that question again. I'll have to answer it honestly again... "Hell no!".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Even when I was gung-ho, I never understood the severe shunning or hounding of faders. How would you ever motivate them to return if you treated them as unworthy or were harassing them on every encounter. I knew some that were severe like that, or tried to be like that, but it became discouraging and tiring to the "insiders" more than the "outsiders". For the faders, they often made new friends with new interests and got on with their lives. For the diehard dubs, they lost friends and family that they couldn't replace. If they associated with anybody, they had to associate with other diehard dubs that were either spiritual nutcases (kool-aid and Bible game parties) and tiresome after a 5 minute conversation.

Those that are the agressive shunners are ultimately hurting themselves. Of course they would deny it and place the blame on the faders, but it's the pharisaic dubs that are sitting home proudly pouting that others aren't holy enough to be around them.

Okay... this post sounds nutty, but it's hard to explain the strange notions of the arrogant and unhappy shunners.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit