Hi everyone, here's my story...

by LisaAnn 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I loved it, it was very interesting... tell the rest...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Thank you for sharing LisaAnn!

Can't wait to hear more!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I read your story, LisaAnn. Please share more whenever you feel like it. Most of us have similarities in our stories.

• ataloa
    ataloa

That's an interesting story for sure, Lisa. Did you come from a religious background before the witnesses, or was that your first exposure to the bible? I'm curious.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Awesome intro story, LisaAnn... I can relate to the doubting the bible and the circular logic thing at a very young age.

I used to love to hear my Mom tell me bible stories... they were cooler than fairy tales to me because supposedly, they REALLY happened! But yeah, the Abraham Isaac thing... and why would a loving god ask that of a faithful follower, anyway? And the chess match Jah played with Satan over Job... it really was creepy and not a loving thing to do at all. The one that really got to me was why did Abraham have to convince Jehovah to save Lot out of Sodom and Gomorrah? As an omnipotent and loving god, wouldn't he have already KNOWN about Lot and his family? What gives?

Anyhoo, belated welcome!

Love,
    Baba.

• DoomVoyager
  • RAF
    RAF

... (interesting)

• snowbird
    snowbird

Great story, LisaAnn.

Sylvia

• still_in74
    still_in74
    I’d go to the meeting and absolutely know it was the Truth. I’d spend the weekend with my parents and know it was a Lie

and this is exactly why the WTS is a cult and exactly why they shield you from the outside world !

Its amazing how they KNOW that as soon as one begins to think logically they will reject the WTS. Yet they insist its the truth! Its the truth that sets you free! Its the life giving water that Jesus freely gave us all ! yet the instant you arent buried in it within every aspect of your life you reject it.

Is Christ so empty that he needs humans to love bomb you and guilt you every minute of everyday to not doubt or reject him?

• Balsam
    Balsam

Lisa Ann,

I found the JW's faith appealing for much of the same reasons. I eventually had to push my doubts away and join and it made it easier because I had a husband who joined with me. It's weird how questions will tend to disturb us but we pushed them out of the way because we knew doubt was so damaging to our faith. The thing is our mind knew it was healthy to doubt and to probe so we aren't mislead, but we chose to ignore it. Tell us more of your story.

Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit