What is truth?

by ldrnomo 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Do you remember that question that was asked of Jesus by Pontious Pilate almost 2000 years ago?

Well I finally heard the best answer yet last night at the Emmy's by Tommy Smothers.

He said, "truth is":

"whatever you can get other people to believe"

He got me to believe that.

LD

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    Truth is a Person, not someone's personal philosophy.

OK, now I believe what you just said. Anybody else got a definition of truth they want to try and make me believe? LD

• lnunya
    lnunya

You don't believe what I just said or you wouldn't have posted this thread or responded in the way you did. Simple reality is that you don't have to believe what ANY HUMAN on this earth says when you can personally know the truth in the person of Jesus Christ. It's not a make believe relationship where you talk to open space, it's a personal relationship that's established by simple faith through the power of the Holy Spirit. He spread his arms to embrace humanity 2000 years ago. He's alive today and forevermore and is knocking on the door of each person's heart. But heaven forbid that you should believe what anyone says. Experience truth for yourself, if you dare. Are you 'truly' a truth seeker? Stop looking all around you. Look up and seek with a pure heart and meet Truth for yourself. Then you will wonder no more....AND you will possess the power (the filtering power of the Holy Spirit) to discern truth in others.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Truth can change, but it's difficult for truth-seekers to change.

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip
    Truth is a Person, not someone's personal philosophy.

^ Huh? Truth is a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like.

• Aculama
    Aculama

Freudian Slip, That was very good! Strong and to the point.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo
    You don't believe what I just said or you wouldn't have posted this thread or responded in the way you did.

Inunya, lighten up please this is a philisophical discussion here. Take it easy you sound stressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit