Counsel To Watchtower Missionaries

by juancarloshg 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks, AAG, for explaining. That makes me wonder if the locals are ever jealous of the free and probably better living the missionaries have from the society. My friend ended up being a branch servant and everything was pretty nice for them.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Eyes Open:

Awakened at Gilead: (We are so glad you are free from that place!)

Snowbird:

Choosing Life:

Thank you!

N.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Thanks, Atlantis!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Yet again, marked, yet again, thank you, Atlantis! Awakened, it is sort-of surreal to me that you actually lived this. So glad you are AWAKENED!!! And JuanCarlos... I like your questions... I always want to bookmark the answer!

Love,
    Baba

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

The locals generally are humble and not that jealous... but the missionaries can easily become quite arrogant and "lord it over" the locals.... As if they were in a different caste...

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C
    Society gives you an American-style house to live in with all the niceties that the locals don't have... A/C, American foodstuffs, so your housing and food is already paid for...

This is interesting. There must be different procedures based upon the individual branches. My cousin and his wife are currently missionaries in Taiwan. The missionaries are provided with funding to go to the local stores and market places to buy their own food staples and do their own cooking at the home. My cousin told me that him and his wife repeatedly got sick when they were new because of trying to get acclimated to the local foods.

It was funny when my cousin and his wife made their first visit back to the U.S. after being in Taiwan for some five years. As soon as they got off of the airplane in the U.S., they asked my relatives to drive them directly to a Taco Bell.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

HI Sir 82...

Honduras was my assignment.. PM me the names... I prolly know them (or at least the site)....

A@G

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    I know (not intimately) a missionary couple in Honduras. They live in a fenced community (i.e., the missionary home is behind a security gate). Rich parents ensure a very comfortable lifestyle, complete with regular vacations to Mexican / Caribbean resorts.

Yep, Sir 82, you have met my replacements!!!!!! Our home was in a gated community in a very poor area.... Yep!!!!!!! Poor missionaries, they suffer so much, please give them some green handshakes for me [note my sarcasm]

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

This gave me an idea... I started a thread about green handshakes!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/165825/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit