Caution: there's a new scam e-mail going around

by SixofNine 10 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Reply-To: [email protected]
    Subject: RE: URGENT PLEASE HELP (CONFIDENTIAL)

Dear Taxpayer,

I know this letter will come as a surprise to you, but I would like you to give it top consideration so as to help me and my family out from our present economic predicament, which the entire family is facing this time around. I am Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, successor of Alan Greenspan, who was the King of Banking. Before I go into further details, please be informed that I am writing without any other person's pre-knowledge of my contacting you. Therefore I will appreciate same attitude to be maintained. All through the days before the resignation of my predecessor he revealed to me about a sum which he deposited with my name in a BANK in Senegal for security reasons the sum of $16z (SIXTEEN ZILLION US DOLLARS)which was his own share from a sale of derivatives when he was in the office.

Upon the recent death of the economy, my family and friends on Wall Street have come into desperate times, but we cannot retrieve this money because we are constantly under surveillance. My family lawyer advised me that I should look for a reliable and trustworthy person who will act as a next of kin to the funds in other for the funds to be transferred to his foreign account.

And the law of the bank here stipulate that if such huge amount of money remain for the bank without claim for a period of time the money will return back to the bank Treasury has unclaimed funds, please I don't want this money to lose for the bank please help me.

This will make us collect the funds easily and invest it for a profitable business abroad. We have also resolved to realize 25% of the funds to you, and 3% set aside for all expenses we may in cure in the and transfer process.

For now I need a sum of $700b (SEVEN HUNDRED BILLION US) as a good faith deposit so that we may escape and put the account in your name. Please reply to my private email address.
    [email protected]

Best Regards
    Ben Bernanke

N.B IN COMPLIANCE WITH THIS YOU ARE TO FORWARD TO ME THE FOLLOWING DETAILS: YOUR COMPLETE NAMES AND
    ADDRRESS,CONFIDENTIAL TELEPHONE AND FAX NUMBERS, THIS IS TO ENABLE ME PERFECT ALL THE NECESSARY
    DOCUMENTATION WITH THE SECURITY FIRM AND MOVE THIS MONEY ACROSS TO YOUR COUNTRY OF CHOICE.PLEASE, YOU WILL ALSO IGNORE THIS LETTER AND RESPECT MY TRUST IN YOU BY NOT EXPOSING THIS
    TRANSACTION, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED. I LOOK FORWARDS TO WORKING WITH YOU. THANK YOU.

This email might seem legit, but don't fall for it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

There is no way that I would fall for this Bullshit!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Now you've disrespected the asked for confidentiality and gone and blown the opportunity to save $16z from going back to the bank. Naughty, naughty.

Z

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Good one! Very clever. It would be funnier if it weren't so similar to reality- 700 billion is just a start. It may end up closer to 1 zillion by the time the next 1,000 bank failures and bailouts/loans take place.

BA- Cheers.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm just sharing btw, I didn't write this. Don't know who did, but it really is "going around" now, lol.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Oh this is good.

I am forwarding heavily.

:-)

• Gregor
    Gregor

Somebody has a very clever sense of humor, I love it!

(This doesn't mean I like you, SixofNine. You have been very rude to me and I'm still hurt, sniff)

• free2beme
    free2beme

I hear about people falling for e-mail scams, all the time. It always proves, there is a sucker born every minute. At the same time, think about how many people accept urban legends as fact. Those same people, often fall for things like this.

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOL, good one!

• LDH
    LDH

Love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit