Anyone have the WT image of a girl clutching a teddy falling down a hole?

by veen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
  • asilentone
  • veen
    veen

Cheers dude.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Agggh... the illustrations we grew up with. No wonder I had night terrors as a child! But for some peculiar reason, my Mother thought that my night terrors meant that I was demonized.

Pick up thy teddy bear and walk, thou art a survivor!!!

• james_woods
    james_woods

Kind of makes you wonder why they were so scared of Satan and the Demons, doesn't it?

What exactly did Satan and the Demons ever do to match that image?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Quote: "Kind of makes you wonder why they were so scared of Satan and the Demons, doesn't it?
    What exactly did Satan and the Demons ever do to match that image? "

Indeed, James_Woods. I do wonder now and I did wonder then what Satan did... the best Mom could tell me was that he was the "Father of the Lie". Well, I've seen a lot worse done than lies... not that I appreciate lies, mind you. What's really funny is that in the Gnostic version of the Adam and Eve story, he's the one who told the truth... (he was right, on that day they did NOT die, and they DID become like god, knowing good and bad...) but I digress. That's a story for another thread.

• yknot
    yknot

That image definitely inspired strict loyalty .....

In the end /file/fdgteu is a lousy children's book!

• misocup
    misocup

I remember staring at that one. I wake up in panic mode at night, always have, maybe this is why?

• dawg
    dawg

Crazy, I remember that too, sad... really sad. and the dog? Sad...

• Mandette
    Mandette

I'd forgotten about that horrid picture. I used to stare at it when I was a kid...hopefully there will be no bad dreams tonight....

SHIVER

Mandette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit