I am loosing interest in most things JW or XJW!

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

The newbies helped keep the spark.

Without the newbies, we are just 'chillin'' with old friends.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Actually, while I know that most of us are sitting at desks or with laptops on our lap, I have an image of us sitting in rocking chairs and just chatting about whatever comes across our minds.

-Aude.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Out of curiosity, what types of study are you interested in pursuing?

om

Wifey has chosen a degree in Para-Professional Education. As such she will be able to work in the education field as a substitute teacher or full time assistant in some areas. I suspect this could get expanded to a teaching degree perhaps. At 51 she is looking at a short career, but some fullfilling things she would deeply enjoy.

I can't see many career changes for me [at 53]. But I am interested in political science, or history. Perhaps journalism. Even us old guys might find ways to sell a book or two. But for me it would be mostly about taking back part of what I lost to the Watchtower. Not in a vengeful way really, but just seeking to reclaim a part of life I missed. And to keep the ole' cranium oiled and working. And the more I learn about life outside the WTS, the more I find that I shed the delusions that held me captive for so long. IN with the new and out with the old I suppose.

Jeff

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I feel the way you feel and also have lost interest in anything pertaining to the religion. I have said it all and read it all so many times that it is time to move on. But, I do appreciate that many others have family there and the issue isn't going away for them and they need a place to vent.

This board was valuable for a long time and it is sad because new ones may not find its equal.

LHG

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

LHG - Yes the 'family in' situation is much more difficult for many. I have only one member inside now - albeit a major one for me - my cousin, who was for 35 or 40 years, my best friend also. I will keep looking for opportunity to help him see the light, and that will bring up the JW issues sometimes. My MIL is in - and I unfortunately am cut off from that association. Reality says she won't be around a lot longer, and that is sad. I miss seeing her. But other than that - I have a couple SIL's - that I could not care less if I ever spoke to again.

As for the newbies - I think there will be places develop, although different from JWD, that will fill the gaps for them also. And remember that JWD will likely be preserved as an archive - so the research and discussions about that research will remain. Not the same as an open discussion I know - but it will still hold value.

Jeff

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Not that I've been such an important poster on JWD but I feel I've said about all that I had to say and I believe I'm fading from XJWs apace with from JWs.

• choosing life
    choosing life

Simon's announcement did kinda take the wind out of the sails of JWD. It also forced me to look into other uses for my time. I have grown children still in, so our family is divided and that still grabs me by the heartstrings. I am trying to get into remission with a serious disease and that keeps me from moving on also. If I get my energy back (life really), I will go back to college or maybe just pursue my career as a nurse.

Good luck to all!

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations to all who have or are moving into the post XJW world. Maybe someday I'll be there too. I only found this board this year, so am still fairly new to it even though I left the JW's back in 1989. Then it was just other JW's I knew who were leaving, and books like those written by Steve Hassen and Ray Franz. I thought I had pretty much put the JW's behind me too, but when my siblings and their families began shunning me a few years ago, I found I developed a whole new level of resentment and disgust for the WTS. Some day I will work it out of my system, but until then I'm glad for this site and will probably switch to another once it's closed down. Thanks to all who have listened to my postings and shared your experiences through postings of your own. It has definitely helped me heal.

• Gregor
    Gregor

AK, you certainly described my trajectory over the last few weeks. At first I thought I'd better jump to another forum so as not to experience any withdrawal, lol. That was an eye opener! Not interested in immersing myself into militant homosexuality or getting into "discussions" with a bunch of mean spirited misfits hiding behind aliases while they obscenely trash individuals from JWD. Phew!

Meanwhile, JWD seems to have lost something. Certainly the rancorous, nasty, political food fights have started to dominate. I am not without guilt in being drawn into them but it has started to leave a bad taste. I'm ready to move on to something more positive and stimulating. Hopefully, I will be able to find some of that still available here. I have been pretty busy of late and that has helped but we are heading into winter and that means idle time for me. Damned if I'm going to waste it throwing rocks back and forth over politics or religion or, I'm sorry, deconstructing the miserable, pathetic Watchtower Society into smaller and smaller pieces which, for me, has become like continuing to beat a horse into a mushy pulp long after it is dead.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Have fun OP. I still remember your "Running corp" analogy. I have it saved on an external drive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit