I am loosing interest in most things JW or XJW!

by AK - Jeff 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think that Simon's announcement that this venue was closing was the catalyst. I looked around the other forums and realized I just don't need them anymore. I have logged in here probably 10% of my former time since the announcement, first to do the 'admin' stuff that was happening immediately following - but now usually only once a day, maybe 10 minutes, and can't even find much of interest while I do that.

JWD was the Internet to me for most of the past 3 years. Once it closes, I will be fine. I am getting busy with other interests now. Wifey is busy with her education online now, and I will likely follow her example shortly, likely before the snow flies.

So, as life changes, so am I. I am finding time now to get those projects done that were often neglected. I am staying in better personal touch with many from this forum by phone and email, instead of thru a less personal discussion forum.

I really think I am on my way to being that elusive EX-XJW.

But I might be getting forgetful too - since now that I have written this, it seems familiar, as if I have started a thread before this that said mostly the same things. LOL My indifference to that is just as acute. I can't be bothered to go back and look.

Anyone else find that the closing of JWD is stepping them forward in personal growth and less dependency?

Jeff

• fokyc
    fokyc
    JWD was the Internet to me for most of the past 3 years.

I am in exactly the same position, I have learnt so much from all the posters.

I now know that the WTBTS is just what I always thought, a bunch of lousy liars.

I need to live the rest of my life without them, but watch out if they knock on my door

fokyc

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

At first I found it crucial to get on JWD during my exit from the WT and I spent a majority of my time on here and posted quite frequently until the announcement that JWD was to close. I went to some other boards but didn't get the same feel for things as I did here even tho I enjoy the people there.

I've since then seen my time spent at these forums to lessen as time passed. I sign on and check them out once a day or so thru the week and rarely do on the weekends. I think I may have conquered the Ex-JW feeling and might be ready to move on but I am not sure. I still have my spouse committed to the cult and when something arises in my life I end up here. This is my place to vent and seek support when the need is great.

Hopefully, my wife will come around and we can continue enjoying life together as we once did and if that happens I will no longer need this place. But, for now I will visit until that happens or this place finally closes.

Thank you and JWD and everyone else for being there.

Quirky

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Right there with you.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I envy you my friend as you have graduated and moved on...i hope to do that in the next friggin 40 years or so!!!

• Open mind
    Open mind

I think JWD has lost some of it's "edge" since Simon's announcement. Especially the loss of certain posters.

For myself, it's not too great of a loss as I have sucked much marrow from the JWD bones and am totally free from JWism on a mental level. I do feel bad for any of my immediate family members who may dip their toes in the forbidden waters of JWD in the future. I'm sure there will be SOME level of community here, but not as diverse as it once was.

All the best to you, Jeff and wifey, as you strive to live reality-based lives.

Out of curiosity, what types of study are you interested in pursuing?

om

• sacolton
    sacolton

Well, that's healthy. I feel the same way. Life is too short to be stuck in a victim mindset. Go live life to its fullest!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Go on! GIT! Get the hell outta here then!

LOL!

It sounds to me like you are healed up. JWD did what it was supposed to do. I wish I had found this place three years ago. Like Sacolton said, go live life!!

All my best...Now GIT!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes. I am right there with you, and once it closes, bye bye! I've met a few good people here, but my time is done. I'm very bored of JW's.

I find this board is very political now - there are no newbies, and no real issues. It's boring.

If anyone sees me on any other board, they can kick me in the genitals.

• Pahpa
    Pahpa

We wish the very best for those of you who can move on and put the Watchtower behind you. But many of us have loved ones including close family member still in the organization. And as long as they remain, we are tied by our heart strings to Jehovah's Witnesses. We can not walk away unburdened by the past. So, in your new found freedom, give us a thought and prayer every now and again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit