Is the God of the wbts a loving God?

by bobld 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bobld
    bobld

To the woman he said....I shall greatly increase the pain of your pregnancy.

To the man he said....Cursed is the ground---in pain you will eat its produce all the days of your life and thorns and thistles it will grow for you.In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground ( death).

Now lets look at the above in todays world.Would the state (government) after convicting a man of murder, torture him by hard work all his life only to kill him at the end of his life.Would a loving parent torture his son all his life for one mistake.

Why does God of the wbts blame man for ruining the Earth when he made those evil thorns and thistles.Today man had to get destroy those evil weeds by chemicals.See no thorns no chemicals.

The list goes on...Look at all of God's wars and destruction.

Maybe it is me but the more I read the Bible the more I get *^%&^%#* .........................

Bob

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

A few years ago when I took Religion 101 at the public University in my town, the professor discussed differing views of God as they developed in different religions. He noted that the geography of the Middle East causes unpredictable, and often devastating, natural disasters such as droughts, famines, flash floods, etc. The ancient peoples living in that area believed in a God that rewarded them when they were 'good', and punished them severely when they were 'bad'. From those early ideas of God, the religions of Judaism, Christianity and Islam eventually developed. In another region of the world, what is now India, other religions developed. There, the rivers were predictable and the area was reliably fertile. The annual flooding was expected, and contributed to successful farming. The ideas about God or Gods coming from that area tended to be much less violent and more benevolent. The Hindu religion, and eventually Buddhism, evolved from that area. While the Bible may be inspired by God, I always remember that it was written by man.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Jehovah of Armies is a RIGHT BASTARD.

Mrs. Fiorini... very interesting thought about the benevolent gods springing from a more benevolent environment. Very cool.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

It's not just the God of the Wactower it is the God of the bible that behaves as you describe.

If you dont want to be an atheist. Don't read the bible.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

By the way, Bob... you might enjoy reading "Jehovah Unmasked" by Nathaniel Merritt. Apparently the author used to post here years ago. Here is the link to the book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Jehovah-Unmasked-Nat-J-Merritt/dp/1411651472

Cheers,
    Baba.

• misocup
    misocup

The God's of all religions are man made, and inspire tribalistic violence.

But that doesn't mean there is nothing beyond what we see.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

MisoCup quote: "The God's of all religions are man made, and inspire tribalistic violence.
    But that doesn't mean there is nothing beyond what we see."

Beautifully said, Miso.

• Mandette
    Mandette

Sometimes I wonder if the meaning of inspired could be the same as a child being motivated or inspired by an unreachable hero to imitate him? That something being inspired might not necessarily mean endorsed?

So maybe there's something way beyond the scriptures?

Just my mind wandering and wondering.
    Mandette

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks Baba The book sounds good.

Bob

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here are some of the "loving" things that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag Baghead has done, is doing now, or is threatening to do shortly:

*Making things more difficult for everyone because one person took something that otherwise would have gone totally to waste.

*Refusing a sacrifice, cursing the giver, because the sacrifice was an inferior value. Not telling anyone that it was the best he had to offer (when he owed that Almighty Pig nothing in the first place). And then using the situation to pxxx him off to kill his brother, and then holding him accountable.

*Punishing Moses harshly for a mistake. Just because he forgot to add to that Scumbag Pig's praise on one occasion, he got banned from entering the promised land.

*Killing every foreigner that would not cater to that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag's laws. People that were only minding their own business.

*Demanding destruction of all property instead of reusing it. Which contributed to waste.

*Killing thousands of people for David sinning. While King David was allowed to go with a slap on the wrist.

*Taking 20 years of life from Hezekiah, and then giving him back only 15. Of course, the whole purpose of that exercise was to extort praise out of Hezekiah, which worked.

*Demanding more sacrifice from the Israelites, who rightfully should have given Him none.

*Destroying Lot's wife for the horrible crime of wanting her stuff.

*Tricking Christians to leave Jerusalem, and their belongings, 4 years before destruction. That would have been better used to salvage belongings instead of just leaving them for destruction.

*Having the Catholic Church start the First Dark Ages, with its many Crusades and acts of war.

*Hindering science and business.

*Wasting people's time and resources to spread a message when God should do it His damn self, much more efficiently.

*Using threats to get His message of Him being gracious, and then fighting Himself by not being gracious (digging His damn heels in on my celibacy instead of altering His course on that issue). And then expecting me to make up for the tracts that will therefore end up in the garbage by placing that many more, all of which will also find their way into the garbage.

*Threatening to kill everyone that does not become one of Jehovah's Witlesses, and soon.

*Promising a stagnant new Dark Ages, where everyone will just do what God tells them. No innovations will ever again be allowed in any area, no matter how trifling.

Threatening to kill anyone that creates any innovation in the New Dark Ages.

And they call that "loving".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit