Feeling like such a horrible parent.

by whyamihere 12 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Taking her home calmly, trying to treat it yourself and seeking professional help as soon as you saw you needed it – in less than an hour – that was GOOD PARENTING.

Making her wait for several days, and then scolding and berating her when you were forced to drag her to the hospital – that would have been horrible parenting. A number of the posters here remember childhood experiences like that.

GentlyFeral

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sounds to me like you are good mother and did everything right.

We can't keep our kids in a bubble, they'd never have any fun.

My daughter separated the growth plate below her knee. She was jumping up and down on a trampoline. We didn't understand for a couple of days that this had happened. We were in the grocery store and she complained that her leg ached. She explained about the trampoline. I told her not to tell me which leg it was. I looked at them both and one knee was slightly swollen. I took her to the doctor, the next day, where we found out about the cause for the pain. She was fortunate and just had to wear a brace.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Other than having been directly below the area in which she fell, and making an heroic 'catch', what else could you have done?

You did it all correctly. You acted responsibly. Don't fret. You are a good mom.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit