When you were a JW

by searcher 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Only by "undeserved kindness" could i expect to get in.

• searcher
    searcher

Hortensia my apologies,

I am trying ti understand why people choose to believe, obviously someone bought up with is in an entirely different position and therefore had no choice.

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

Searcher, it's not that I "know". I'm just looking at it realistically. If the church is right and one goes to either heaven or hell what would said person take with them for use in that new existence? Love? Sex? Would we pay bills or strive to climb a ladder of success? Would we have kids....etc? If the Kingdumb Hall is right then there would only be so much we could take with us to this paradise or Jokehovah would risk the Earth being tainted once more and again be "frustrated by failure".

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I never felt I deserved to live forever. I was happy to have an opportunity.

• justhuman
    justhuman

I think it was my preaching work that supposed to save people from armageddon

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

Living forever was not what attracted me - I never cared and still don't care about living forever. I can't even fully comprehend what that would be like - just like I have always had trouble comprehending any sort of infinity like the universe, God ... Having said that, it was the idea of God that attracted me. From an Atheist background, it was fascinating to consider the possibility of an intelligent creator (v chance). It was even more fascinating to consider that this God may/will intervene in human affairs. I liked that idea. Whether or not I, personally, was gonna 'make it', never concerned me, that was minor detail ... I still enjoy believing in God ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit