When you were a JW

by searcher 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• searcher
    searcher

What was it that made you believe that you were so important that you deserved to live forever?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I can't honestly say I ever felt that way, I only hoped that God would think I was ok

and I might just make it....

h40

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was the appeal that Jehovah could solve my problems. I wasn't thinking at the time that He did not want to, and if He doesn't want to solve my problems, it does absolutely no good that He can do it. Not to mention that that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag didn't even want anyone else to solve those problems.

Hence, it cost me nothing to turn apostate. And it's only so I could waste their time and efforts in tracking me that I didn't just walk out and quit. I hope they waste huge amounts of time and energy arguing about who is going to hound me to return this spring, and right when the REJECT Jesus Party Waste of Paper Distribution Campaign is supposed to be in high gear.

• searcher
    searcher

I am curious about why people think that 'they' should live forever, what they believe is special about them that thier life should be preserved.

I just can't understand it (wanting to live forever), maybe its because of the way I was bought up, 'you have a problem, you either fix it or learn to live with it'.

I am toward the end of my lifespan now, I am quite content that sometime soon (not too soon) my life will end, leaving room for the next generation, which in my understanding is how it should be, everything moves on.

• My Struggle
    My Struggle

I did not think that I deserved to and thought that I shouldn't.....that's what happens in a religion that screws with Grace.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I never believed I would make it. I had nightmares about dying at armageddon.

• Casper
    Casper

I used to ask myself that all the time.

"Why me...?? Out of all the people in the world, why was I suppose to receive everlasting life... ?

Didn't make any sense to me, I wasn't anybody. So, I never felt special enough for everlasting life.

My study conductor would tell me it was because of my heart condition... but, I knew of alot of people much more worthy than me.

Cas

• searcher
    searcher
    I never believed I would make it. I had nightmares about dying at armageddon.

Do you feel then that your need to believe in a creator god caused you to believe in the words of a group claiming to represent the creator god and that those words convinced you that you were 'not worthy'? I have great difficulty with 'belief' whether belief that god exists, or belief that god does not exist, its all belief, and being only belief (without proof either way) then surely ANY belief that a person may hold is equally as acceptable?

• Vachi 8 He Is
    Vachi 8 He Is

The problem here is choice. I think the dubs believe that....well take for instance if I were checking out someone else's wife, well in gods eyes I have committed adultery. That's like me thinking about running a red light and being ticketed because I thought it. So if this is how he looks at it, he would have to kill someone in this paradise because of their thoughts, assuming they thought something displeasing to him, eliminating choice and singlehandedly turning people into bots, or allow choice to continue and man infect the earth much like it's been done already. If this is what I have to look forward to, then no, I don't want to live forever and be subjected to watching my every thought and/or move. There's no time for us There's no place for us What is this thing that builds our dreams yet slips away from us Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever....? There's no chance for us It's all decided for us This world has only one sweet moment set aside for us Who wants to live forever Who wants to live forever? Who dares to love forever? When love must die

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

I swallowed the kool-aid without really checking the facts on this verbal promise about "forever" from the borg. I was 17 years old and stupid. When you are young you think you are invincible anyway.....down deep I knew it was a promise that could not be kept. I still thought that there was enough good in the rest of the lie to stick around for. I used really poor judgement.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit