Married my partner...

by writerpen 30 Replies latest jw friends

• writerpen
    writerpen

We just got back from San Francisco where we were married last week. Maybe some day gay couples won't have to travel 1,000 miles to get married, and their commitment of love will be recognized by society. There will be no need to use code - my friend, my roommate - at the office, with neighbors, or with family when speaking about the person with whom you live your life.

I didn't really think that it would feel different after getting married, espeically since we had a commitment ceremony two years ago. In reality, though, after the "I do" was said, it just felt right. We're back home now, and like all other married couples, we're taking care of the cats, going to work, paying the bills, mowing the lawn, donating to charity, making dinner, doing the laundry, going to movies, and taking care of each other.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    after the "I do" was said, it just felt right

Well, good for the two of you, and congratulations!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Sorry u had to travel 1000 miles to enjoy what should be yours to enjoy locally.

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Congratulations!! I wish you and your new spouse a wonderful, happy life together.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I went to a lovely wedding in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. Two women who have been together for 35 years. They said they didn't need to make any vows as they had proven their devotion to each other over the years. I thought that was good. So they said their marriage was a political statement but I could tell it meant a lot to them anyway. And I met quite a few gay couples and lesbian couples at the wedding who also had just gotten married or were going to in a week or so. Lots of wedding right now!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

how about pictures?

• Emma
    Emma

Congratulations! I hope someday soon this will be the case nation wide.

No honeymoon?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Congrats.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Congratulations. Not only should you not have to travel 1,000 miles, but you should be able to file a joint tax return.

• Rooster

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit