Dog to its Vomit

by Sparkplug 29 Replies latest jw friends

• PEC
    PEC

((((((Decki))))))

Dealing with those in a cult will always surprise you. Those that you would think, never would go back, many times do. I still haven' t heard from my brother, the pain will lessen; but, it never goes away.

Philip

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Precisely why I have zero respect for people on this board who are still active witnesses and spend their time being complete phonies to prop up pretend marriages where they are being manipulated by people (the wife freaks out every time I say something negative about the society) and held hostage (if you go apostate I'll leave you) to an idea of a family, but not a real one. I am surprised at how long a person will cling to a family they know is made of cardboard, empty. Can't find anything better? Sometimes you have to tear down first so you can build a real structure on the site.

Living a lie... sorry just can't respect that. Giving talks on this crap? Are you kidding? Now if you are engaged in some kind of covert sabotage of the society, that's cool. Or if it is part of a plan to slowly exit your family, but a man in his own home (or woman) not being able to speak his truth in his own castle? Never! This staying in for the family business, contributing to the kingdom hall fund, going ot in service etc... it takes a special kind of coward to do it.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Sounds like a recovered drug addict giving in and going back for another love-bombing "fix".

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Is one free, with a cost so high,

to join with the Dubbies,and live by a lie?

Let hell freeze over my bending knee,

My chestnut, turn to to grey.

Lest the elders,get the best of me,

These measly men of clay!

Edited ( Up all night, tired brain)

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Leaving JW's can and often does result in a rather lonely existence, and sometimes it's too much to take. I get by because I'm a bit of a loner by nature. Even when I was a JW, I cherished my non-meeting nights so i could have some time away from people - I need lots of that. But, with your friend, the loneliness may trump the open eyes and toughness.

I feel sad for your friend. We leave JW's thinking 'blue skies ahead', not taking into account the harsh realities of life on earth and the ephemeral nature of our existence. But once you've seen what complete baloney da twoof is, it's a psychological suicide to go back.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Philip, I was wondering how that went with your brother. Still no word from him?

Shawn. I feel bad for people that return to it. But I don't hate on them. Everybody has their reasons.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Missing Link~Yeah, but it is a short filled cup. That bombing only last for a bit right?

Tyrone~ I really like that line, "Let hell freeze over my bending knee," Sweet work.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Dan~ Yeah, that adaptation period is rough. I want to say it was bad for me, but truly it has been good. I was always an alone little kid, and the first time it got to me. (Being df'ed) But now, I am alright with it. I am learning how to make friends in people that add to my plate and that way I don't feel so used when I am the one giving and giving. So Yeah it is late, but I am actually learning how to have more than the instant friends that the JW's provide. Funny...I think I was to learn this all before my thirties. It is all good!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Spark,

I understand this friend was a real friend so, when she decided to go back to the congregation, for family related reasons, did she tell you that she wouldn't speak to you anymore ? If not, you can still exchange ideas and opinions with her and it could be enriching for both of you, in fact she may need an independent minded friend to help her sort her thoughts out.

• Maddie
    Maddie

People have many reasons for returning to the JW cult, but dont despair as your friend may find that she cant carry on living a lie and stop going.

Maddie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit