NOVEMBER 1 WATCHTOWER - DOES IT SAY THAT NON DUBS MAY BE SAVED?

by BluesBrother 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A certain Witness,kind of close to me,is insistent that this article confirms her conviction that The WT teaches that Jehovah will judge hearts at the "end" and both J W's and non J W's may be saved ....I say that it teaches the opposite. What do you think? How do you read it?

alt

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I agree with you, because it says the same old thing teaching others which entails being a jw...

And is listing "Requirements"

h40

• dmouse
    dmouse

This article makes it quite clear that Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are the only ones that will be saved, as they believe they are the only ones fulfilling the 'requirements'.

...and anyone that does not get saved, well it's their own wicked fault.

(What does being 'saved' mean anyway? - it means a different thing to JWs than it does to mainstream Christians)

• done4good
    done4good

The article is quite clear. No real reading between the lines required.

Your buddy has the typical jw response to the article. He choses to read into it what he wants to.

I will agree, however, it seems the "intent" of the article may be to somehow "soften" the position in a WTS kind of way...

j

• booby
    booby

Jehovah's Witnesses did not say Russel was faithful slave, did not say the generation meant something different many times, did not predict 1975 as the end, etc. etc., and yes non dubs may be saved, well maybe, but than probably not. Please stay tuned for further refinements, or not.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Last week's study article in the WT tells you all you need to know about who JW's believe will be saved.

Only those with their foreheads marked (as per Ezekiel's prophecy).

The only way to get your forehead marked? Become a dedicated, baptized witness and put on the Christlike personality.

It's not even enough just to be dedicated and baptised.

• Rohag
    Rohag

Having learned a bit of Watchtower theocratese, I read this as saying only loyal JWs have any hope of “being saved.” But, were I Joe Householder, I might read this and get a fuzzy impression the Watchtower holds open the possibility that non-JWs may be saved.

I agree with all of you. They've composed the article in such a way as to allow both readings. Later, as a receptive householder advances in study, they can point back to the article and say, “Who are those who cooperate with Jehovah God? Who are those who loyally support God's kingdom? Why, only Jehovah's Witnesses."

• blondie
    blondie

Are jws the only religion showing

1) true love

2) publicizing the name "Jehovah"

3) only only "separate from the world"

In the jw mind, only jws fit that description.

*** (Worship that God Approves) bh chap. 15 pp. 145-151 Worship That God Approves ***

HOW TO IDENTIFY THE TRUE RELIGION

How can ‘the road to life’ be found? Jesus said that the true religion would be evident in the lives of the people who practice it. "By their fruits you will recognize them," he said. "Every good tree produces fine fruit." (Matthew 7:16, 17) In other words, those who practice the true religion would be recognized by their beliefs and their conduct. Although they are not perfect and they make mistakes, true worshipers as a group seek to do God’s will. Let us consider six features that identify those who practice true religion.

God’s servants base their teachings on the Bible. The Bible itself says: "All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man [or woman] of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) To his fellow Christians, the apostle Paul wrote: "When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God." (1 Thessalonians 2:13) Hence, beliefs and practices of the true religion are not based on human views or tradition. They originate in God’s inspired Word, the Bible.

Jesus Christ set the proper example by basing his teachings on God’s Word. In prayer to his heavenly Father, he said: "Your word is truth." (John 17:17) Jesus believed the Word of God, and everything he taught harmonized with the Scriptures. Jesus often said: "It is written." (Matthew 4:4, 7, 10) Then Jesus would quote a scripture. Similarly, God’s people today do not teach their own ideas. They believe that the Bible is God’s Word, and they base their teachings firmly on what it says.

Those who practice the true religion worship only Jehovah and make his name known. Jesus declared: "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." (Matthew 4:10) Thus, God’s servants worship no one other than Jehovah. This worship includes letting people know what the name of the true God is and what he is like. Psalm 83:18 states: "You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth." Jesus set the pattern in helping others to get to know God, as he said in prayer: "I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world." (John 17:6) Similarly, true worshipers today teach others about God’s name, his purposes, and his qualities.

God’s people show genuine, unselfish love for one another. Jesus said: "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." (John 13:35) The early Christians had such love for one another. Godly love overcomes racial, social, and national barriers and draws people together in an unbreakable bond of true brotherhood. (Colossians 3:14) Members of false religions do not have such a loving brotherhood. How do we know that? They kill one another because of national or ethnic differences. True Christians do not take up weapons to kill their Christian brothers or anyone else. The Bible states: "The children of God and the children of the Devil are evident by this fact: Everyone who does not carry on righteousness does not originate with God, neither does he who does not love his brother. . . . We should have love for one another; not like Cain, who originated with the wicked one and slaughtered his brother."—1 John 3:10-12; 4:20, 21.

Of course, genuine love means more than not killing others. True Christians unselfishly use their time, energy, and resources to help and encourage one another. (Hebrews 10:24, 25) They help one another in times of distress, and they deal honestly with others. In fact, they apply in their lives the Bible counsel to "work what is good toward all."—Galatians 6:10.

True Christians accept Jesus Christ as God’s means of salvation. The Bible says: "There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." (Acts 4:12) As we saw in Chapter 5, Jesus gave his life as a ransom for obedient humans. (Matthew 20:28) In addition, Jesus is God’s appointed King in the heavenly Kingdom that will rule the entire earth. And God requires that we obey Jesus and apply his teachings if we want everlasting life. That is why the Bible states: "He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life."—John 3:36.

True worshipers are no part of the world. When on trial before the Roman ruler Pilate, Jesus said: "My kingdom is no part of this world." (John 18:36) No matter what country they live in, Jesus’ true followers are subjects of his heavenly Kingdom and thus maintain strict neutrality in the world’s political affairs. They take no part in its conflicts. However, Jehovah’s worshipers do not interfere with what others choose to do about joining a political party, running for office, or voting. And while God’s true worshipers are neutral regarding politics, they are law-abiding. Why? Because God’s Word commands them to "be in subjection" to the governmental "superior authorities." (Romans 13:1) Where there is a conflict between what God requires and what a political system requires, true worshipers follow the example of the apostles, who said: "We must obey God as ruler rather than men."—Acts 5:29; Mark 12:17.

Jesus’ true followers preach that God’s Kingdom is mankind’s only hope. Jesus foretold: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matthew 24:14) Instead of encouraging people to look to human rulers to solve their problems, true followers of Jesus Christ proclaim God’s heavenly Kingdom as the only hope for mankind. (Psalm 146:3) Jesus taught us to pray for that perfect government when he said: "Let your kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also upon earth." (Matthew 6:10) God’s Word foretold that this heavenly Kingdom "will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms [now existing], and it itself will stand to times indefinite."—Daniel 2:44.

On the basis of what we have just considered, ask yourself: ‘What religious group bases all its teachings on the Bible and makes known Jehovah’s name? What group practices godly love, exercises faith in Jesus, is no part of the world, and proclaims that God’s Kingdom is the only real hope for mankind? Of all the religious groups on earth, which one meets all these requirements?’ The facts clearly show that it is Jehovah’s Witnesses.—Isaiah 43:10-12.
  • flipper
    flipper

In the article here they are STILL pointing to the alleged " fact " that only they are using Jehovah's name and only people putting forth God's name or calling on his name will be saved. And since they are called " Jehovah's Witnesses " obviously they feel they are the ones to be saved. Same $hit, different day

• rebel8
    rebel8

Dear BluesBrother, I knew this must be big, because you usually don't use all caps....and it is. Well, in the sense that it is more recent proof they think they're the only ones to be saved, it is big. If I'm not mistaken they do not say this in print very often.

It is perfectly crafted, in true cult form. It is designed to fool outsiders into thinking they believe they're not the only ones to be saved, while reinforcing the "you need us and only us" message to the flock. Brilliantly done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit