no sun spots?

by John Doe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

I know Daniel P...

I wasn't addressing anyone specific John Doe, I was asking a question in general to right wingers, if you don't consider yourself among those on the right, then I guess I wasn't talking to you..

But it sure is confusing that you'd start a thread that appears to question the validity of global warming; I've yet to hear anyone on the left say global warming isn't man made.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I wasn't addressing anyone specific John Doe, I was asking a question in general to right wingers, if you don't consider yourself among those on the right, then I guess I wasn't talking to you..

But it sure is confusing that you'd start a thread that appears to question the validity of global warming; I've yet to hear anyone on the left say global warming isn't man made.

A point I'm trying to get across is that this is not a political issue at all. If every politician died tomorrow, the same issue would still exist. It's a scientific issue. I posted this article because I find it interesting. The man is making a prediction, but there is not enough evidence to know if sunspots are correlative with earth's climate. Global warming is merely a side issue here.

I think this sort of thing underscores a problem we have. We need to separate science from politics. Political afffiliation has no business being in a discussion about scientific theories and studies.

• dawg
    dawg

Agreed, science is empirical.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Proof again the end is near!
    Every one wake up and get back to the meetings

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

CLEARASIL WORKS!! Official!!

HB

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Does no one have an opinion on this?

Yes, it's causing havoc with my hobby.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amateur_radio

• free2beme
    free2beme

Should we blame this on Global Warming too or at least say the Republicans caused it in some way, or perhaps using animal fur caused it appease PETA

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

How silly to think that the SUN has anything to do with the temperature of the Earth! LoL! The temperature of the Earth is inversely proportional to the number of Priuses sold annually, duh!!

• DrMike
    DrMike

The problem is that mathematical models ( which are my actual stock in trade ), which exclude human CO2 products, and rely only on solar output and the earth's thermal mass, are more predictive than models that include the C02 variables. That is to say, if you run the models in reverse, which is a validation requirement, the CO2 based models fall apart, while the solar output based models more or less track. That is, the 1st and 2nd order derivatives are in proper phase. If there were no political pressures, CO2 concentration levels would be declared an orthogonal ( non relevant ) variable to climate trends. At least over the ranges we are seeing.

Add to this the sun spot news, which is still premature, and you get an even stranger scenario. Global cooling is MUCH MUCH worse than global warming. The current population of the earth could NOT be sustained during another minimum. Even one much less severe than the last "mini-ice age". Starvation would be pandemic.

The question becomes. If the sun is indeed headed into a reduced output period, and, if CO2 levels can be shown to have some measurable effect on climate; would the current proponents of CO2 emissions reductions reverse their positions and encourage raising the CO2 levels to counter the reduced solar output and to improve crop growth via CO2 absorption?

I'm not holding my breath. As that would increase my own personal CO2 levels. :p

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

It's Bush's fault, I tell you. He did it.

Him and all the other people on the right. Bad, bad CO2 makers.

BA-

PS- I see the docs at the asylum let dawg out of his rubber room and straight jacket again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit