regarding penny2 post about Sept 1 WT comments

by heyfea 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

The reality is that there must be a lot of JWs with uni degrees and professional jobs. I'm one, and there are 3 others in our congregation who are completing their degrees. And two who have recently completed technical college diplomas. And it IS uncomfortable to listen to all this uni-related crap when I earn my living from a uni degree and associated profession. I try to 'step up' and I have raised this issue with my elders a number of times. I reminded them how 'rich' brothers and sisters in our congregation are excused again and again when 'the love of money' is discussed by a speaker but we are never excused when these anti-uni talks are given. I told my elders that it would be nice to hear an 'excuse', comparable to what our 'rich' brothers and sisters receive. I have not received a satisfying response yet. The responses are always that the GB must have a good reason for instructing the brothers to give these talks. However, I do suspect that congregations with larger numbers of people with degrees would receive these talks packaged differently.

• ID Crisis
    ID Crisis

PS: I don't need to be 'excused', I don't think I need it, I just like to highlight the hypocrisy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit